MoveUp comes to the U.K.

upwarduk

This program has been discussed on the boards quite heavily since being introduced in North America a few months ago.  It's very important that you read the T&C and FAQ before making a bid.  Here are some of the things I learned along the way

• Bids once made can be modified/canceled anytime after it is made until the time where the bid is either accepted or rejected.
  • Once your bid is accepted, you credit card is charged and room is assigned automatically.  You can not reject the bid for any reason.
  • Chances are all rooms will be assigned as it will be very close to sail date.  I don't think in the UK you are allowed to change rooms with a category but even if you could I don't think it would be possible.  Bottom line, the room they assign you is what you will have.
  • Captains Club points for the stateroom category that you booked is what you will be awarded, not that of the MoveUp room category.
  • Any amenities which come with the stateroom and are not part of a booking promo you WILL get.  For example Blu with Aqua,  Luminae and MC/Retreat with suites,  Specialty Dining/Premium Bev Pkg/Wifi/Laundry with RS and above suites.
  • You retain any 'perks' which come with booking promo like Go Big/Better/Best.
  • Suites are typically bundled with GoBest booking promo, for example if you have GoBig with Aqua and MoveUp to a Sky Suites you get Suite amenities but not GoBest, you will retain GoBig perks you selected with your Aqua booking.
  • Just because there is a MoveUp offer doesn't mean there is inventory that will be awarded.  Celebrity takes bids to be able to shuffle cabins in the event that one of these sold out categories has a cancellation at the last minute.

I think this is a pretty complete summary.

I understand the process but have seen no discussion on how high/low to bid. I know one size does not fit all and it depends upon unfilled capacity which is not known to us.

We are on a Baltic cruise on the Silhouette in 5 weeks in a Concierge C2 . I have received an invite to bid email but do not understand the costs that are quoted. For instance in the email they quote a Sky Suite from £765 per person, but the current price difference between these cabins is £230 per person.

If you click on the link in the email for the Sky Suite it has a scale between £0 and £2675.

I don't understand the relationship between 230/765/2675?

Edited by arsenalboy

The current price difference between the categories isn't really relevant.  It's really the difference from what you have already paid + the MoveUp bid (x2) and the value to you of the upgrade cabin.  The bidding scale from weak to strong in my opinion is intended to psych you into bidding more.

For me there is no relationship between  230/765/2675.   As I said 230 is meaningless unless the price you paid for your C2 is 230 less than the current Sky Suite price.  If that were to be the case then if you were in the US you could just call and upgrade for the 230 price.

Sorry probably no real help here.  I just pick a price that I feel comfortable spending for the upgrade.  If I get the bid approved then great, if not I'm happy with what I booked.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, a “Celebrity MoveUp Tracker” spreadsheet has now been set up on this thread.  Go to the “last page” of the message thread to find the link and the “questionnaire” if you wish to participate by submitting your information.  Information being compiled is for both those that do bid and those who decided not to bid.  IF bidding, further information gathered whether the bid was successful, or not.  

Tracker will run for ~ 6 months and after that, will decide if it is worth pursuing for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 6:47 AM, kikki21 said:

I have received a 2nd move up bid email from Celebrity. Clearly the ship is not full yet & they are really pushing it!

@kikki21 - would you be interested in sharing that info on the following thread?