Shore Excursions on Transatlantic Cruise

JulieC26

Hello - I am a first time user here on the forum. My husband and I are going on a transatlantic cruise in November, and we are stopping at several ports that we have not been to previously. Looking for some seasoned advice on best shore excursions for the following ports: Tenerife, Ibiza, Cartegna. Thank you!

Without knowing anything about you and what you like to do, it’s pretty hard to make a recommendation. Do you like history, hiking, cooking, museums, beaches? 

Have you checked out trip adviser, or the destinations board here on Cruise Critic?

I would go to the Roll Call for your cruise and see what others are doing. You might be able to find some private tours being formed that you can join. I would also check what tours are available through Celebrity.

• Like 3

We were on the transatlantic last October and used Spain Day Tours for Tenerife and Cartegena.  Our tours were fantastic and not nearly as expensive as doing the tour through Celebrity.  We had an active roll call on Cruise Critic and through that the trips with Spain Day Tours were coordinated and booked.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours!

Thank you for your responses! What is Roll Call?

I guess I will have to spend a bit more time investigating Cruise Critic’s boards! I have checked out the shore excursions on Celebrity, but so many of them sound similar, and I wanted to see if there was something else out there! 😃 Thanks for the advice.

Look at the topics on the main page (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/), and you'll see that the site is divided into many different sections (forums).

The forum you posted on is specific to general Celebrity topics.

There is also one that is specific to Ports of Call.  This is where everyone who goes to those ports has info to share.  This is not cruiseline-specific. Tripadvisor is also a good place to search.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2-ports-of-call/

Rolls Calls are where everyone on your specific cruise is posting.  You'll need to find your ship first.  Then peruse that board to find the sailing date.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

You didn't say what ship & date so I'm not able to get you closer than that.  Enjoy researching!  That's half the fun!