Which Yacht Club deck has restrooms in the hallway on Seaside?

cathep

We're looking at YC for our next cruise, but having 2 bathrooms in the 2-bedroom suite is a big deal for our family with 2 teenagers. I was told there is a restroom in a YC hallway (16 or 18) that would help in that respect, but don't see it on any deck plans. Anyone remember which deck it is? 

2 hours ago, cathep said:

We're looking at YC for our next cruise, but having 2 bathrooms in the 2-bedroom suite is a big deal for our family with 2 teenagers. I was told there is a restroom in a YC hallway (16 or 18) that would help in that respect, but don't see it on any deck plans. Anyone remember which deck it is? 

It is 16 but what is the two bedroom suite?  Oh, and they are by the concierge desk but towards the port side.

Edited by dexddd

4 hours ago, cathep said:

I wasn't aware that there was a suite in YC with 2 bedrooms.  Tell us more.

Thanks for the replies.  We'll book on deck 16.

We were recently in the 2-bedroom grand suite with the Aurea experience and loved it so much we thought we'd book it again.  But the family is pushing for YC instead.  I'm trying to figure out how to make 1 bathroom work.  I figure the adults can take a shower in the spa if need be.

12 minutes ago, Oviedo32765 said:

I'd make the 16 & 18 year olds use the spa shower.  Call it Adult Privilege! Just saying.

Ha!  They're 12 and 16 but both are taller than most adults.  If the spa staff go by sight, my kids will be making trips to the spa.  If they check ages based on the room number, we'd have a problem.  It's worth a try, though.

Bathroom in YC (YC is in Fwd)

1. inside deck 16 starboard side  half way between YC lounge and concierge. 2 sinks, 2 urinal, 2 potty for men.

2. Deck 19, sundeck fwd starboard; a single bathroom for men, port side for women.

3. Deck 19, sundeck starboard between entry to Aurea 19 sundeck and YC entrance (behind the pool), both men and women.

Alternate shower area:  When you get down to deck 8, port side is GYM and SB side Therma/spa/beauty salon area.

1. Deck 8 GYM, there is a change room (I didn't use but DW did so I am describing women's side so assume men has one too) with a shower.  I was told there is no towel there, so take one.  Lockers use room card/wrist band and couldn't get it to lock so I stop using it.  I was told the shower area was open and not individual.

2. Deck 8 Spa/Therma area.  It is for 18 and old.  Walk up to the desk on left give your room number then they check for package/age of room occupants and if they have access, and assistant will ask if you want a towel.  If you are using therma area ask for 2, 1 to use inside and 1 to use for shower.  There is two shower stall in men's change room. *I had 16 yo and I had to use her older sisters acct to have her go in.

3. There are several pool side showers avail by YC pool and fwd by hot tub.  I don't know if your kids will be bold enough to take shower there.

FYI: elevators out by YC both Port/SB toward mid are dedicated elevator which you can use your wrist band/room card to call priority which will over ride other riders (unless other YC user or butler/staff are using.)  Good ways to go down in hurry.  Yes, you will have less room than Aurea but time saved on emb/debark and elevator ride + pampering.....it is worth try.  Also try to look for rooms that have pullman bed.  Sofa couch is bit tight for two boys.  If you get a room with pullman then you can have bigger kid on sofa bed and younger one on the pullman bed. (look for symbol code in room description)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashank1m said:

Bathroom in YC (YC is in Fwd)

1. inside deck 16 starboard side  half way between YC lounge and concierge. 2 sinks, 2 urinal, 2 potty for men.

2. Deck 19, sundeck fwd starboard; a single bathroom for men, port side for women.

3. Deck 19, sundeck starboard between entry to Aurea 19 sundeck and YC entrance (behind the pool), both men and women.

Alternate shower area:  When you get down to deck 8, port side is GYM and SB side Therma/spa/beauty salon area.

1. Deck 8 GYM, there is a change room (I didn't use but DW did so I am describing women's side so assume men has one too) with a shower.  I was told there is no towel there, so take one.  Lockers use room card/wrist band and couldn't get it to lock so I stop using it.  I was told the shower area was open and not individual.

2. Deck 8 Spa/Therma area.  It is for 18 and old.  Walk up to the desk on left give your room number then they check for package/age of room occupants and if they have access, and assistant will ask if you want a towel.  If you are using therma area ask for 2, 1 to use inside and 1 to use for shower.  There is two shower stall in men's change room. *I had 16 yo and I had to use her older sisters acct to have her go in.

3. There are several pool side showers avail by YC pool and fwd by hot tub.  I don't know if your kids will be bold enough to take shower there.

FYI: elevators out by YC both Port/SB toward mid are dedicated elevator which you can use your wrist band/room card to call priority which will over ride other riders (unless other YC user or butler/staff are using.)  Good ways to go down in hurry.  Yes, you will have less room than Aurea but time saved on emb/debark and elevator ride + pampering.....it is worth try.  Also try to look for rooms that have pullman bed.  Sofa couch is bit tight for two boys.  If you get a room with pullman then you can have bigger kid on sofa bed and younger one on the pullman bed. (look for symbol code in room description)

Thanks so much!  This is perfect.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:10 PM, cathep said:

Thanks for the replies.  We'll book on deck 16.

We were recently in the 2-bedroom grand suite with the Aurea experience and loved it so much we thought we'd book it again.  But the family is pushing for YC instead.  I'm trying to figure out how to make 1 bathroom work.  I figure the adults can take a shower in the spa if need be.

that worked for us.  Take sometime for shower..... go down sweat out the alcohol from all that free drinks from YC in the sauna and take a cool shower so we can refill with alcohol again after the shower!  hmmm weird, I actually lost a pound from this cruise.......Must be from all that light beer and red bull I drank...