Horrible Horizon Debarcation

Bribrittmom

On 4/14/2019 at 10:47 AM, Bribrittmom said:

On 4/14/2019 at 10:47 AM, Bribrittmom said:

Just off the Horizon this morning. Longest debarcation ever. We are platinum so we could have had priority debarcation. We originally had luggage tag 3 but in our past cruises that was usually around 7:30–8:00 and we didn’t need to be off that early. Yesterday we told guest services that we wanted off around 8:30 so they said we should take number 6. Well, this morning number six wasn’t called until 9:45😬. No explanation except too many people going to deck three before being called. There should be a system where passengers have to show their zone number before getting in line to debark. We got in line when numbers 6-10 were called. When we got in the terminal we saw people gathering luggage with zone 20 on their suitcases. Messed up.

You didn't need to trade in your tag 3. Just because they call your tag doesn't mean you have to rush off. You just shouldn't go before your tag is called as many people do. If you wait a while longer after being called that isn't going to throw off the system. 

Pat

On 4/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I have no idea other than implementing a new system, how Carnival could enforce people getting up and walking off when they want, either self debark or regular.

Cattle prods to control the herd.that will soften a hard head.carnival doesn't enforce rules so people don't bother to follow them.you can usually pick out the carnival cruiser on another cruise line.i can anyway.

2 hours ago, scpirate said:

Cattle prods to control the herd.that will soften a hard head.carnival doesn't enforce rules so people don't bother to follow them.you can usually pick out the carnival cruiser on another cruise line.i can anyway.

LOL, it’s the cruise lines fault...

On 4/14/2019 at 7:47 AM, Bribrittmom said:

Just off the Horizon this morning. Longest debarcation ever. We are platinum so we could have had priority debarcation. We originally had luggage tag 3 but in our past cruises that was usually around 7:30–8:00 and we didn’t need to be off that early. Yesterday we told guest services that we wanted off around 8:30 so they said we should take number 6. Well, this morning number six wasn’t called until 9:45😬. No explanation except too many people going to deck three before being called. There should be a system where passengers have to show their zone number before getting in line to debark. We got in line when numbers 6-10 were called. When we got in the terminal we saw people gathering luggage with zone 20 on their suitcases. Messed up.

I was wondering what was going on with debarkation on Sunday also!  We are not platinum or any type of royalty but we were off the ship two hours later than what we were told too.  We were told 8:30 and got off at 10:15.  I heard Schwartz over the loud speakers telling people to quit coming down before their numbers were called but it was just complete chaos from what I could tell.  I didn't leave until someone came by and told all of us to get off regardless of what our numbers were since it was so late.  They made it sound like we were at fault for still sitting there on deck as we were asked to be.  The last time I was with Carnival 8 years ago, it was the same thing.  Not sure if it's a Carnival thing or just a coincidence that it was awful both times. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jewel825 said:

I was wondering what was going on with debarkation on Sunday also!  We are not platinum or any type of royalty but we were off the ship two hours later than what we were told too.  We were told 8:30 and got off at 10:15.  I heard Schwartz over the loud speakers telling people to quit coming down before their numbers were called but it was just complete chaos from what I could tell.  I didn't leave until someone came by and told all of us to get off regardless of what our numbers were since it was so late.  They made it sound like we were at fault for still sitting there on deck as we were asked to be.  The last time I was with Carnival 8 years ago, it was the same thing.  Not sure if it's a Carnival thing or just a coincidence that it was awful both times. 

Yeah....Carnival loves to give their clients the absolute worst experience to end a cruise.  It's there specially of saying thanks.....  How long would you have hung around on deck not prodded?  What numbers were they on, what number were you?  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yeah....Carnival loves to give their clients the absolute worst experience to end a cruise.  It's there specially of saying thanks.....  How long would you have hung around on deck not prodded?  What numbers were they on, what number were you?  

We were number 16 and they never announced past number 9.  They barely had let off those carrying luggage on the lower decks.  It was weird.  We already had lost our driver for our pre-arranged shuttle back to FLL and they had to dispatch a new one who was also annoyed with us for taking so long.  

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Woah up a minute there, boy!  Down, Jimbo!  You're kinda jumping all over her and seem to be yet again taking criticism towards Carnival personally.  Touchy, touchy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jewel825 said:

We were number 16 and they never announced past number 9.  They barely had let off those carrying luggage on the lower decks.  It was weird.  We already had lost our driver for our pre-arranged shuttle back to FLL and they had to dispatch a new one who was also annoyed with us for taking so long.  

Well I can tell you that is not how it normally works.  Our last cruise on the Horizon debark was fine, makes me wonder what happened.  

14 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Woah up a minute there, boy!  Down, Jimbo!  You're kinda jumping all over her and seem to be yet again taking criticism towards Carnival personally.  Touchy, touchy.

....and I thought I had toned it down....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bugger54 said:

If we are taking our luggage off ourselves and have Carnival shuttle to airport , when do we get off the ship?

If you are doing self disembark, don't use the Carnival shuttle to the airport.  Carnival's shuttle is a large bus and will not take off till it's full.  Instead, use Uber, Lyft or a shared shuttle.

There isn't anything that says you can't wait to debark, so even if you had zone three and you wished to hang out and have breakfast, whatever you could have done what you wanted and still debarked when you wished.  As long as the platinum members had been called you should have gone and and went when you had wanted to.  

I was on that cruise too.  Zone 1 also.  The escalator broke for a bit.  I think biggest problem was not enough customs agents.  I had to get a wheel chair.   Line was not moving.  I agree they should enforce the zones.  

7 minutes ago, jean0151 said:

I think biggest problem was not enough customs agents. 

Indeed, our last cruise was on Sunshine, and debarkation took a long time - and as it turned out, there were not nearly enough customs/immigration agents, which is completely out of Carnival's control.

We don't mind staying on the ship a bit longer since we drive to/from the port, so no flights, but not actually getting off-ship until 10:30am, and into the hour-long snaky line through customs, was not my plan.