Guarantee upgrade

weregoingcruising

Booking a guarantee will get you a cabin with "at least" the category you book in.  The timing of cabin assignments can be from the day you book to the day you sail, it seems to be different every time.  Your CC level will have no effect on it.   

Steve

There is no guarantee upgrade.

Celebrity now offers a move up room that allows you to bid on a higher category if available.   

On our recent Edge Cruise we were doing a B2B and kept track of the starting move up prices.  The move up results in a different cabin but no additional perks or benefits unless it is a amenity of the room.  

The min cost for us to move up to sky suite was $1000 pp.   it never changed.  We inquired while on board about upgrading for the second cruise.  They called us on the second day of that cruise and said we could upgrade for $1000 pp.   no thanks.   The price was still too high and 2 days were already gone out of 7 .

good luck

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 times booked Inside Guarantee (Z), always cabin assignment was after they receive the deposit, first one the Eclipse receive a CAT 11 on deck 7 later was upgraded to Veranda CAT 2C because of price drops, the other one was on the Summit received CAT 9 on deck 7 this booking was near final payment date the price difference between CAT 9 and what I pay was $1,100

1 hour ago, miched said:

There is no guarantee upgrade.

Celebrity now offers a move up room that allows you to bid on a higher category if available.   

On our recent Edge Cruise we were doing a B2B and kept track of the starting move up prices.  The move up results in a different cabin but no additional perks or benefits unless it is a amenity of the room.  

The min cost for us to move up to sky suite was $1000 pp.   it never changed.  We inquired while on board about upgrading for the second cruise.  They called us on the second day of that cruise and said we could upgrade for $1000 pp.   no thanks.   The price was still too high and 2 days were already gone out of 7 .

good luck

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I believe you are confusing two different things.  The OP was talking about purchasing a Room Guarantee ... e.g.  Sky Suite Guarantee.   With these you purchase the room and are guaranteed a room at least at that level.   Most of the time you get the lowest level in the classification.  

I recently upgraded from a Aqua Cass Room to a Sky Suite Guarantee for $150 pp two weeks after final payment.    I then got an offer for a Move-Up and bid on a Royal for $500 pp which I won.

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Thinking of booking a few guarantee inside cabins for cruises from 8 months to 18 months out. When do they start assigning cabins or offer no charge upgrades?  Will my Captains Club level have any effect on it?

The timing is not set,  really dependent on the number of available cabins.    I recently upgraded to a SS Guarantee at 10 weeks prior to cruise.   My cabin was not assigned.    At 3 weeks before the cruise we still did not have cabin assignment and we were offered a move-up bid.   We bid on the upgrade and won an upgrade to RS.   

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The timing is not set,  really dependent on the number of available cabins.    I recently upgraded to a SS Guarantee at 10 weeks prior to cruise.   My cabin was not assigned.    At 3 weeks before the cruise we still did not have cabin assignment and we were offered a move-up bid.   We bid on the upgrade and won an upgrade to RS.   

Can a case happen when you have secured an SS guarantee and it turns out that there are none available? If that were to occur would you get bumped up to another suite class? For that matter, if you had a guarantee in any other cabin class, would same happen?

Edited by bkbarrym

41 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

Can a case happen when you have secured an SS guarantee and it turns out that there are none available? If that were to occur would you get bumped up to another suite class? For that matter, if you had a guarantee in any other cabin class, would same happen?

Yes it is possible.   In the past I heard of someone that got the Penthouse on a Suite Guarantee.   The guarantee is that you will be assigned a cabin at a minimum the classification that you purchased. 

In practicality, I believe there is now little chance of this with the move-up bidding.   I believe Celebrity is planning on someone in an SS to bid on a higher cabin (extra income) and then assign that vacated SS to a guarantee.  

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe you are confusing two different things.  The OP was talking about purchasing a Room Guarantee ... e.g.  Sky Suite Guarantee.   With these you purchase the room and are guaranteed a room at least at that level.   Most of the time you get the lowest level in the classification.  

I recently upgraded from a Aqua Cass Room to a Sky Suite Guarantee for $150 pp two weeks after final payment.    I then got an offer for a Move-Up and bid on a Royal for $500 pp which I won.

Reread my post.   I am not confusing the two.  I am trying to explain why they may not get a better category or upgrade.   Celebrity now uses the move up to fill unsold cabins instead of filling them with the guaranteed category.   Why give away a upgrade when they can get passengers to pay extra thru a move up?

i guess it wasn’t clear on what I was trying to post.  And your other posts are basically the same as what I was trying to explain????

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched