Russian nesting dolls question

We are doing a Baltic cruise on 6/20 aboard RC Serenade of the Seas.  I would like to find a set of the Russian nesting dolls with a dog design.. Has anyone seen them somewhere you could suggest?  I have heard it is cheaper to buy Russian souvenirs in Tallinn, but I didn't know if they would have the dog themed kind, or if they even have those anywhere at all.  My husband wants to get one of the Russian black furry hats.. any suggestions on where to find that?  Thanks!

Hi was in the Baltic's last May and I looking for the Russian hats as well and the only ones were were fake fur ones. The old Soviet style.My sister had got my Dad and Husband hats made of rabbit fur years ago. Did not see any while we were there. We did not go shopping for souvenirs other than at the different places we visited.  Most of the souvenirs we saw were geared to the would cup. Also the places all sold the same things.The nesting dolls had the traditional designs and ones with Disney Frozen on them. There were some unpainted nesting dolls at the shops at the cruise terminal in St Petersburg before immigration. There also was a shop after where we docked as well but never went in on the way to and from the ship. Do not recall seeing any  nesting dolls in Tallinn. The only other thing I can suggest is to ask your tour guide they may know where to get the items you are looking for. 

Hope you have a great trip.

I don't recall seeing any nesting dolls with a dog design in St. Petersburg but that does not mean that there weren't any. I saw lots of nesting dolls in Tallinn - again, can't remember the specific designs.

Edited by dogs4fun

My Husband bought a black Russian hat --and we bought a stick pin medallion for the front--at one of the stops our guide took us to.  He was offered hats made in  a variety of furs from mink ($600)  to rabbit ($60).  We went on tour with TJ Tours and I believe this was a gift shop that they stop at regularly.  We stopped at one gift store each day for 20-30 minutes of shopping and both were excellant large stores with a great selection.  There are large selections of nesting dolls in the cruise ship terminal gift areas at the port.  There were some hats, but not the quality that we saw at the gift store.  Enjoy your trip.

52 minutes ago, Jezabel2924 said:

My Husband bought a black Russian hat --and we bought a stick pin medallion for the front--at one of the stops our guide took us to.  He was offered hats made in  a variety of furs from mink ($600)  to rabbit ($60).  We went on tour with TJ Tours and I believe this was a gift shop that they stop at regularly.  We stopped at one gift store each day for 20-30 minutes of shopping and both were excellant large stores with a great selection.  There are large selections of nesting dolls in the cruise ship terminal gift areas at the port.  There were some hats, but not the quality that we saw at the gift store.  Enjoy your trip.

Thank you Jezabel2924!  We are touring with TJ Travel too and I will definitely tell our tour guide that we are looking for the hat and the dolls... Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Lots of choices but this is an online store with no physical presence in Russia. Have you seen the same or similar items in the souvenir shops in St. Petersburg?

I love those!  I will keep that website link as a backup in case I can't find them when we are in Russia... may even print it out and bring a copy with me to show the guide... thanks for your help!

13 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Lots of choices but this is an online store with no physical presence in Russia. Have you seen the same or similar items in the souvenir shops in St. Petersburg?

I was just mentioning that the U.S. price in an online shop was $50 so the OP could calculate what they would be paying if at a local Russian shop.  Always know your prices before you travel so you have a bargaining chip knowing what you can pay for something at home and if it is worth paying the local price.