Norwegian Pearl Spa & Recommendations

Hello everyone,

Getting ready to sail on my first Transatlantic cruise on the Pearl soon. I’ve sailed on the Pearl twice when it first came out over 10 years ago.  I’ve enjoyed the spa on other ships that would be well worth the price of $239 for a spa pass for the 13 days, but I’m not sure how the spa on the Pearl compares and if it’s worth it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Also, haven’t seen much talk on here about the Pearl, so any recommendations or recent experiences would be appreciated as well!

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Iluvthenclpearl said:

Hello everyone,

Getting ready to sail on my first Transatlantic cruise on the Pearl soon. I’ve sailed on the Pearl twice when it first came out over 10 years ago.  I’ve enjoyed the spa on other ships that would be well worth the price of $239 for a spa pass for the 13 days, but I’m not sure how the spa on the Pearl compares and if it’s worth it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Also, haven’t seen much talk on here about the Pearl, so any recommendations or recent experiences would be appreciated as well!

Thank you!

I have never been on the Pearl however i completely enjoy the Norwegian Gem spa thermal suite to me is one of the best. As I understand the Gem and The Pearl are similar therefore the spa should be the same....If not, would like to know as well how it is. To me the worst one so far is the Norwegian Jade. IMHO.  I found it.

Was on the Pearl in 2017 for an Alaskan cruise.  Loved the spa and used it almost every day.  It was very quiet and relaxing.  There were regular loungers and heated loungers (felt lucky that I was always able to get a heated lounger when I wanted) in the co-Ed area.  The ladies locker room had a steam room, sauna and some loungers  too.  Very similar to the Gem except some differences in the ladies area.  

Actually liked the spa experience on the Gem and Pearl better than the Breakaway and Escape...it was more quiet and relaxing though I’m bound to try those spas again sometime too 

I was on the Pearl for an Alaskan cruise and loved the weekly thermal spa pass. As the poster stated above, regular and heated loungers, great locker room , steam room and sauna.  Seemed quiet and never overcrowded, a quiet escape to retreat to. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:01 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

I have never been on the Pearl however i completely enjoy the Norwegian Gem spa thermal suite to me is one of the best. As I understand the Gem and The Pearl are similar therefore the spa should be the same....If not, would like to know as well how it is. To me the worst one so far is the Norwegian Jade. IMHO.  I found it.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:01 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

Thank you Spanishguy1970. I still need to try the Gem out.

21 hours ago, McFins said:

Was on the Pearl in 2017 for an Alaskan cruise.  Loved the spa and used it almost every day.  It was very quiet and relaxing.  There were regular loungers and heated loungers (felt lucky that I was always able to get a heated lounger when I wanted) in the co-Ed area.  The ladies locker room had a steam room, sauna and some loungers  too.  Very similar to the Gem except some differences in the ladies area.  

Actually liked the spa experience on the Gem and Pearl better than the Breakaway and Escape...it was more quiet and relaxing though I’m bound to try those spas again sometime too 

Thank you Mcfins. I loved the set up of the spa on the Escape, unfortunately it was over crowded and noisy. Not very relaxing. I would definitely enjoy the quietness of the a smaller spa.

1 hour ago, trivia addict said:

We were on the Pearl for a Panama Canal Cruise in 2017. The Spa on this ship was the nicest of any ship I have been on, either Norwegian or Celebrity.

I loved it, and also used it every day of the cruise. 

Thank you  trivia addict! It’s our honeymoon so we’re looking forward to relaxing in the spa!

26 minutes ago, Anet01 said:

I was on the Pearl for an Alaskan cruise and loved the weekly thermal spa pass. As the poster stated above, regular and heated loungers, great locker room , steam room and sauna.  Seemed quiet and never overcrowded, a quiet escape to retreat to. 

Thank you Anet01! You have all convinced me to get the pass.

During our Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl, I took advantage of my spa pass and sat on a lounger in the spa during the canal transit and had a bird's eye view of everything. There was only one other person in the spa with me. I was surprised that more people didn't think to do this.

I think that you will find that the price is well worth it.  We are on the April 28th transatlantic and booked the spa immediately. Had  the spa on the Breakaway and used it every day. Have had the spa on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska and Star Princes to Hawaii and Norwegian Breakaway  was very nice. I'm hoping that the Pearl is just as nice. Great idea since you will be at sea for 7 days!!

On 4/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, barb65 said:

During our Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl, I took advantage of my spa pass and sat on a lounger in the spa during the canal transit and had a bird's eye view of everything. There was only one other person in the spa with me. I was surprised that more people didn't think to do this.

That sounds like a great way to relax and have amazing views!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:05 PM, hilcadon said:

I think that you will find that the price is well worth it.  We are on the April 28th transatlantic and booked the spa immediately. Had  the spa on the Breakaway and used it every day. Have had the spa on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska and Star Princes to Hawaii and Norwegian Breakaway  was very nice. I'm hoping that the Pearl is just as nice. Great idea since you will be at sea for 7 days!!

We sailed the MSC Seaside last summer and the spa was amazing. Are you on the Pearl sailing with us?

1 hour ago, hilcadon said:

Yes we are sailing on the Pearl on the 28th of this month.  See you on board. 

Howdy,   I'm on the 28th transatlantic sailing as well.   Have you signed up on the roll call ??  I'll see you on board..

• Like 1

I just spent 11 days on the 4/7 sailing of pearl and had purchased spa pass. My husband and I spent every day in there after excursions and on sea days. They have a hot tub, the thalossotherapy pool, heated beds and regular lounges with 2 beds for 2 people. They provide water and tea. Connected to this on either side is a mens and womens area with lockers, showers, hot tub, more lounges, steam room, sauna, and a cold plunge tub. I would walk out for lunch with my husband and immediately go back to spa after seeing the congestion around the pool. 

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I just spent 11 days on the 4/7 sailing of pearl and had purchased spa pass. My husband and I spent every day in there after excursions and on sea days. They have a hot tub, the thalossotherapy pool, heated beds and regular lounges with 2 beds for 2 people. They provide water and tea. Connected to this on either side is a mens and womens area with lockers, showers, hot tub, more lounges, steam room, sauna, and a cold plunge tub. I would walk out for lunch with my husband and immediately go back to spa after seeing the congestion around the pool. 

Thank you Jean! Sounds like you had a very relaxing time!

• 2 months later...

Sailed on the transatlantic Pearl April 28, 2019 with the noro outbreak. Though we had great time despite all of the problems we were disappointed that the Spa thermal pool was closed most days. Sent a letter to Norwegian  and they responded to me with a full refund of the Spa charges. The customer service on board was less than expected and we have decided that after two terrible transatlantic cruises with Norwegian it is time to chose another line. QM2 July 2020  b2b and we will see if we can  finally have a pleasant crossing.