MSC to add more Butchers Cut restaurants

Mattnvick

MSC Cruises to Add Butcher's Cut Speciality Restaurant to UK Based Ship

Butcher's Cut on MSC Cruises (Photo: Cruise Critic)

Butcher's Cut on MSC Cruises (Photo: Cruise Critic)

MSC Cruises to Add Butcher's Cut Speciality Restaurant to UK Based Ship

By:
Kerry Spencer
April 16, 2019

(3:55 p.m. BST) -- MSC Cruises has revealed that Butcher's Cut speciality restaurant will debut on three ships from May 2019, including the line's MSC Preziosa, which spends a short season sailing out of Southampton from later this month.

MSC Divina and MSC Fantasia will also get the popular restaurant fitted in May -- replacing Eataly onboard Preziosa and Divina, and Tex Mex on Fantasia.

Butcher's Cut currently features on MSC's Seaside and Meraviglia-class ships, including the line's newest ship, MSC Bellissima, which debuted in Southampton in March 2019.

The American-style steakhouse serves prime cuts of steak, including filet mignon, ribeye or 38-ounce dry-aged tomahawk (for two). There's also a selection of seafood on the menu, including scallops, halibut and salmon.

The menu is priced a la carte, though a dinner price fix menu is available for $39 per person and the kid's menu has a $12 set fee.

Antonio Paradiso, MD MSC Cruises UK & Ireland, said: "Following feedback from our guests we are delighted to be adding a Butcher's Cut to further enhance dining choices on MSC Preziosa.

"The restaurant on other ships in the fleet has proved very popular with our British & Irish guests therefore it is a perfect edition to MSC Preziosa which will be sailing from the UK this summer season."

Earlier this year Cruise Critic revealed that MSC will stretch and "massively enhance" one of its existing ships ahead of a 2021 deployment in the UK. The line is yet to reveal the name of the ship, though it is likely to be MSC Preziosa.

The 3,502-passenger ship will offer 10 sailings out of Southampton between April and September this year.

Edited by Mattnvick

Most reports on Butcher's Cut have been very favourable.  We've eaten there 3 times already and have enjoyed it every time.  We plan to again have dinner there for our Black Card perk on both Seaview (in Aug) and Meraviglia (in October).  We may even splurge for a second night in October as it's a 23 night cruise.  The 'Dining Experience' menu for $39 is well worth the cost!

I was delighted when it was reported on here recently that BC was being added on Preziosa and it was one of a number of factors for booking a cruise on her next year.  It's obviously a big hit if MSC is going to the cost and trouble of replacing other venues with BC.

Interesting to read that they're going to 'stretch' another ship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Most reports on Butcher's Cut have been very favourable.  We've eaten there 3 times already and have enjoyed it every time.  We plan to again have dinner there for our Black Card perk on both Seaview (in Aug) and Meraviglia (in October).  We may even splurge for a second night in October as it's a 23 night cruise.  The 'Dining Experience' menu for $39 is well worth the cost!

I was delighted when it was reported on here recently that BC was being added on Preziosa and it was one of a number of factors for booking a cruise on her next year.  It's obviously a big hit if MSC is going to the cost and trouble of replacing other venues with BC.

Interesting to read that they're going to 'stretch' another ship.

As we have only sailed Divina we didn't have the option to try it. Nearly all reports ive read seem to be pretty favourable and its definitely something we are thinking about for our Seaside cruise which we board on Saturday (Yay excited 🎉🎉🎉).

Price wise the fixed menu is better value than our big Candadian steak chain restaurant The Keg and way, way cheaper than Ruth's Chris.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link ... I hadn't seen that article or heard about the plan to 'stretch' Preziosa (maybe!) before.  That's one to watch.  I'll be interested in the itineraries they're planning to offer from Southampton.  We're embarking Preziosa from there next year;  if it's a positive experience, we may consider it as a convenient embarkation port (depending on itinerary - and price! lol).  Flights are much cheaper to Southampton than to Barcelona (which would have been our favoured port for Med cruises).

I'd love it if they were considering a Baltics itinerary from this port in 2021 - it'd kill 2 birds for me;  1) experiencing the new, 'enhanced' element and 2) finally getting to visit the region.

ETA ... Bytheway, Buon Viaggio - hope you have a fantastic time onboard Seaside!  🙂

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks for the link ... I hadn't seen that article or heard about the plan to 'stretch' Preziosa (maybe!) before.  That's one to watch.  I'll be interested in the itineraries they're planning to offer from Southampton.  We're embarking Preziosa from there next year;  if it's a positive experience, we may consider it as a convenient embarkation port (depending on itinerary - and price! lol).  Flights are much cheaper to Southampton than to Barcelona (which would have been our favoured port for Med cruises).

I'd love it if they were considering a Baltics itinerary from this port in 2021 - it'd kill 2 birds for me;  1) experiencing the new, 'enhanced' element and 2) finally getting to visit the region.

ETA ... Bytheway, Buon Viaggio - hope you have a fantastic time onboard Seaside!  🙂

Seriously i stumbled on it completely by accident went Googling "c.c. butchers cut". I found a post you answered last year where you posted the fixed proce menu which was exactly the one i was hoping to find.😊

I then saw the above article and thought i would post it for info. Would never have seen it otherwise as i dont tend to look at anything else on c.c apart from the boards. Glad it was useful.

Thank you for your good wishes  im very excited to board Seaside. DH has wanted to sail her ever since she was launched. We are bringing friends for their first ever cruise. Should be a lot of fun. Have a great day.

The Emerald Isle may be on our list for visits next year as DD is planning to live and work there for at least a couple of years after she graduates next April. 

12 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

Seriously i stumbled on it completely by accident went Googling "c.c. butchers cut". I found a post you answered last year where you posted the fixed proce menu which was exactly the one i was hoping to find.😊

I then saw the above article and thought i would post it for info. Would never have seen it otherwise as i dont tend to look at anything else on c.c apart from the boards. Glad it was useful.

I'm the same ... other than this forum, the roll call and the ports of call areas of the site, I never check out anywhere else.

I hope your DD enjoys her time here;  a lot of people that we've spoken to over the years who spent time working after college have said that they loved it.  Your DD just needs not to let her guard down too much (which can happen due to experiencing the overall friendliness of the Irish - but we still have our 'problem' people,  too!)

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'm the same ... other than this forum, the roll call and the ports of call areas of the site, I never check out anywhere else.

I hope your DD enjoys her time here;  a lot of people that we've spoken to over the years who spent time working after college have said that they loved it.  Your DD just needs not to let her guard down too much (which can happen due to experiencing the overall friendliness of the Irish - but we still have our 'problem' people,  too!)

Thanks for that Bea I will pass it on to her. Its very useful. Her degree was in social work and now doing her B Ed for teaching deaf blind. She is pretty street wise but never does any harm to reinforce that kind of stuff. Her biggest issue  being 4'11 and looking about 12 is getting people to take her seriously lol but she does a good job of trying 😉

Thank you very much for the information, very interesting. Finally MSC are replacing the Tex - Mex restaurant on the MSC Fantasia and adding a new venue there. We did the Butcher's Cut for our Black Card Meal on the Meraviglia on the maiden voyage and loved it, great menu, food and service. In January we were on the Preziosa for a 7 night Antilles cruise and had our Black Card Meal meal in the Eataly Restaurant. Can't compare at all with Butcher's Cut. We're joining BEA in the Butcher's Cut on the Seaview 😄

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Flights are much cheaper to Southampton than to Barcelona (which would have been our favoured port for Med cruises).

I am also delighted that BC is coming to Preziosa as I wasn't so much looking forward to Eataly for our BC meal in October.

On the flights front - I find the exact opposite. Flights from Edinburgh are regularly much more expensive (when you include luggage) than flights to Barcelona with the same. This has always blown my mind, although I appreciate the various factors at play which determines the price.

Almost out of principle I refuse to fly to Southampton at those prices when I can get further for less - probably missing out on some great cruises and different lines (P&O) in the process.

Have a great time this weekend.  We were on a few weeks ago and decided to try BC for lunch on one of the sea days when it was open.  BC never seemed to busy though I was surprised there were a few people in there for brunch when we got there at noon. It seemed brunch items were pretty popular.

Note - if you do go, it will be a leisurely meal and definitely not rushed.

38 minutes ago, sidari said:

Bea ... Saw the story about a ship stretch some while ago on the UK, FB page, I suggested Preziosa but most believe it will be a Musica class ship which makes sense.

The CC article is dated Feb 28th, so it's not news, exactly, other than, if it weren't for Mattnvick, I wouldn't have seen it.  I don't 'do' Facebook and rely on the forum here for all things MSC.

I have to say that I felt it would be a Musica-class ship - it seems more logical in a way.  Stretching Preziosa would limit the ports she'd have access to.  There's no way MSC would be tendering in Northern European ports lol.

I'd also agree with NC that it could be Magnifica;  she's already been based out of Southampton before as well as for the reason he's stated.

I don't know why Adam would think it's likely to be Preziosa;  I wonder if he's speculating or has he heard whispers.  🤔

The plan may be to stretch all Musica class at some point as they did with the smaller ships, from TV programmes and the previous stretches it would seem that the average size of an added area is around 75 feet which may be the optimum size for an inserted piece.

8 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

55 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The CC article is dated Feb 28th, so it's not news, exactly, 

Cruises to Add Butcher's Cut Speciality Restaurant to UK Based Ship

By:
Kerry Spencer
April 16, 2019

Bea not that it makes any difference per se but i stumbled across the article this morning and it says as above April 16th which was yesterday. Is there another article as i would be interested im reading a bit more about it all. 

The link you posted brought me to Adam Coulter's article.  The subject was the 'stretching' of an MSC ship (not about the BC speciality restaurant) which is what I was referencing when I said that it's not 'news' (since the article is from Feb 28th):

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/3801/

Edited by Beamafar

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The link you posted brought me to Adam Coulter's article:

How strange not the article i thought i was posting then by Kerry Spencer. Nooo dont tell me c.c website is getting like MSC's 😉😉

Off now to read the link i sent 😂😂 

Edited by Mattnvick
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The link you posted brought me to Adam Coulter's article:

It read quite differently to the one i read this morning

That is so funny. Incidentally i thought i had copied and pasted the whole article yet  you saw a link? Curiouser and curiouser. Pixies at work or Google gremlins?😏

Edited by Mattnvick

1 minute ago, Mattnvick said:

It read quite differently to the one i read this morning

That is so funny

Well, I was very grateful for it, anyway, as I hadn't come across it before.  I knew about the subject that your OP was about lol.

Just now, Beamafar said:

Well, I was very grateful for it, anyway, as I hadn't come across it before.  I knew about the subject that your OP was about lol.

😂😂😂 glad it had some use.

DH has just come home and i got him to look on his phone and he had the article i posted.

I wonder if different things appear depending on where in the world you are as i say your link story was quite different.

Im thinking CC has employed MSC's IT dept. Watch this space 😂😂😂     

• Like 1

Someone mentioned to me it will be Magnifica that will be stretched - will be interesting to find out, but there's no official release yet.

I'm glad that the Tex Mex is going - went on Splendida a few years ago and didn't like it and used it for a black card lunch on Fantasia last year as we didn't like the YC menu. Also glad to be trying Eataly next week on Preziosa before it's gone, but won't bother writing much of a review about it since it won't be much use to others lol