Caribbean Princess ?? dock ports

liamur14

Hello, We are sailing on June 8-22 on Caribbean Princess and I do not see anywhere where we dock at each island ? Am I missing  it somewhere? 

Our roll call only has a few people on it and we leave in 49 days.  Thanks everyone.

6 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Hello, We are sailing on June 8-22 on Caribbean Princess and I do not see anywhere where we dock at each island ? Am I missing  it somewhere? 

Our roll call only has a few people on it and we leave in 49 days.  Thanks everyone.

Princess does not list which dock they will use.  Probably because so many people would get on this forum and complain if conditions caused the ship to change docks.  The best bet is to find the websites of the ports and see if they have it listed.

• Like 2

Grand Cayman, Belize, and Princess Cays are tender ports.

In Roatan you will dock at Mahogany Bay (as Carnival Corp. owns and operates the dock and its adjacent tourist trappings) rather than dock or tender into Coxen Hole.

In St Thomas it is most likely you will be at Havensight (the main port in Charlotte Amalie) as Crown Bay is usually reserved for the Royal Caribbean mega ships (and its sister lines).

There is only one dock in St Maarten. All ships calling there are more or less side by side.

Finally in Cozumel the individual docks are a bit spread out. This should be the only port where location may make an actual difference. But as noted above Princess is not going to advertise which berth they expect to be at because last minute changes are always possible. 

So if it is essential to you to be 100% sure that you will not be at Crown Bay (as there are odd exceptions) or for some reason must have the berth number for Cozumel or St Maarten, as suggested above your only remedy is to start Googling for the official schedules which may or may not be posted to the individual ports websites.

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fishywood said:

sorry duplicate post. when is Cruise Critic ever going to fix the issue of the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons being virtually indistinguishable from each other 

Edited by fishywood

Thanks fishywood and nukesubsailor.  I did look up the ports that princess uses, just trying to plan my excursions. I am intetrested in private snorkel tours. Our roll call has only attracted  a handful of cruisers, is this common for Princess roll calls? Our last cruise was in (Oct) I was able to set up all my excursions on that roll call. Any suggestions for me? Our second time on Princess and this is a big ship, surprised there is no interest here .Thanks so much . Flo😎

15 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Thanks fishywood and nukesubsailor.  I did look up the ports that princess uses, just trying to plan my excursions. I am intetrested in private snorkel tours. Our roll call has only attracted  a handful of cruisers, is this common for Princess roll calls? Our last cruise was in (Oct) I was able to set up all my excursions on that roll call. Any suggestions for me? Our second time on Princess and this is a big ship, surprised there is no interest here .Thanks so much . Flo😎

As you have experienced Roll Call participation be hit and miss imo. 

Some can be crazy busy or dead as a doornail.  🤔

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

Grand Cayman, Belize, and Princess Cays are tender ports.

In Roatan you will dock at Mahogany Bay (as Carnival Corp. owns and operates the dock and its adjacent tourist trappings) rather than dock or tender into Coxen Hole.

In St Thomas it is most likely you will be at Havensight (the main port in Charlotte Amalie) as Crown Bay is usually reserved for the Royal Caribbean mega ships (and its sister lines).

There is only one dock in St Maarten. All ships calling there are more or less side by side.

Finally in Cozumel the individual docks are a bit spread out. This should be the only port where location may make an actual difference. But as noted above Princess is not going to advertise which berth they expect to be at because last minute changes are always possible. 

Very very good info above.  It's exactly what we would have posted.