1st time Oasis class

How soon can you make reservations for the shows etc? It says you have to make reservations, is that right? Not really sure how I feel about that. Did anyone else feel apprehensive about having to do this? I would feel bad reserving seats and not feel like going that night and someone could have had those seats. When do we know what the shows will be?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

How soon can you make reservations for the shows etc? It says you have to make reservations, is that right? Not really sure how I feel about that. Did anyone else feel apprehensive about having to do this? I would feel bad reserving seats and not feel like going that night and someone could have had those seats. When do we know what the shows will be?

Thanks!

No set time for reservations to appear.  Keep checking.

You do not have to make reservations.  If you don't make reservations, you have to get into a standby line, which is allowed into the venue about 10 minutes before the show starts.  So you don't have to be concerned about being a no-show either.

• Like 1

You are not reserving specific seats, but you are reserving admission.  The theater only holds X number of people.  If you make a reservation for a show, they're stating that there will be enough seats for everyone that reserved.  They let people in without reservations 10 minutes before show time.

27 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

If we go on stand by is there a good chance there will be seats available?

If you are a party of two and you are not going to the comedy venue, you should be fine.

Otherwise, I'd make reservations.

• Like 1

It is always good to make the reservations and it is no big deal if you miss the show. The only way around it is to stay in a suite, then you can walk right in and sit in the preferred area for suite owners. This applies to all shows except the comedy club.  You'll really enjoy the shows on the Oasis class ships, they all were very good in my opinion.

• Like 1

The comedy show venue is surprisingly small for the amount of cruisers on board.  I suggest making reservations for them.  The standby line is long.  I also suggest making reservations for the first water show.  This is a great show and bad weather will cause them to cancel.  This will give you opportunity to see another showing later in the cruise.  

I booked all shows ahead of time and adjust/cancel when on board.