Marina Crossing

LHT28

58 minutes ago, nyfeds said:

We have also been on 3 Oceania cruises.  I do believe we are done with Oceania for a variety of reasons I shall not get into.

Denise

Not questioning your decision but wondering if you would care to elaborate further about the reasons you made this decision?

• Like 1

Paulchili beat me to it.  Criticisms and/or comments from reasonable people should be welcomed!  It's when the comments are 100% bad or 100% good that I discount them.  Nobody is perfect, and that includes Oceania.

Mura

• Like 2

2 hours ago, greenbeanie said:

I enjoyed visiting Halifax, St. John, and Cobh/Cork in cold weather - that's how the locals spend much of the year (in fact, cold is relative!). I was fully expecting a cold, and wet, transit across the Atlantic, so our crossing was right in line (except I wasn't expecting snow, or to have to stay inside for two days), and I feel like it was representative of a wintry-ish crossing is.  Anyone can visit cities and cross the ocean in the summer, but for me it was an opportunity to see what life is like for likely half the year.

And the early season crossing - priceless to arrive in France and England at the pinnacle of spring.  Of course spring's timing can vary, but we arrived at a perfect time.  

We stayed five days in London/Bath at the end of the cruise - temperatures were above average, and it was sunny.  Not so sad to miss the gray and gloom of London, although it did rain as we headed to the airport.

As far as the weather was concerned, this cruise was a perfect experience for me. Even the high seas for a couple of days were, well, worthwhile.  Unfortunate to miss two ports, but a safe decision (considering the recent Viking Sky incident).  

Glad you had a good time.  Better you than me.   Don't need cold weather on a cruise.