No Free at Seas far Ahead - common?

PelicanBill

Just curious.  Looking at Breakway November 9 2020 and it has Free or Reduced Airfare but Free at Sea is not offered.  Is it common for this to be the case for cruises far in the future and it gets added later, so you rebook to get it? 

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

Just curious.  Looking at Breakway November 9 2020 and it has Free or Reduced Airfare but Free at Sea is not offered.  Is it common for this to be the case for cruises far in the future and it gets added later, so you rebook to get it? 

Perhaps.

Is that the Repo to NOLA? It is going to be a very popular cruise. Someone is organizing a group and I got an email to join, but we have another cruise booked for that time frame.

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Perhaps.

Is that the Repo to NOLA? It is going to be a very popular cruise. Someone is organizing a group and I got an email to join, but we have another cruise booked for that time frame.

Yes it is. I am curious why you think it will be.  We were on the Breakaway repo from NY to New Orleans last October-November they started cutting fares drastically to sell cabins as soon as final payment was past. Even offered solo booking into standard cabins with no supplement for a while.  Many upgrades were awarded at minimum bids too! We surmised the reason for lower sales was (1) school season, (2) longer cruise, (3) have to fly home - and with with so many other round trip choices in NYC that cruise was not as popular.  Just a guess.  We had been on Breakway 3 times before out of NYC as well.

58 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

In my experience on the NCL web site, some far future cruises don't display Free At Sea in the search results, but if you go through and do an actual mock booking, you can still select Free at Sea perks.

56 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Seconding or thirding that there's a glitch where it doesn't always show it, but if you actually go to book it the options pop up. 

Thanks to both of you, and you were right.  When I went further to cabin selection it offered free at sea options.

2 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Oh and wave to @JamieLogical fellow Rochester person!

Hiya! We are actually looking into sailing on the Breakaway for our first time in September. Anything we should know about it? I had a thread where I was asking for more info here:

Would love to get your thoughts.

Also, that re-positioning cruise in November 2020 does look great! I am going to keep an eye on it. We just booked a 12-Day Southern Caribbean on the Bliss out of NYC for this December. We might be getting hooked on longer cruises.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Hiya! We are actually looking into sailing on the Breakaway for our first time in September. Anything we should know about it? I had a thread where I was asking for more info here:

Would love to get your thoughts.

Also, that re-positioning cruise in November 2020 does look great! I am going to keep an eye on it. We just booked a 12-Day Southern Caribbean on the Bliss out of NYC for this December. We might be getting hooked on longer cruises.

I will go offer some observations in that thread.  I have been in the RCCL thread more lately because our next cruise is on Anthem of the Seas in June. We are definitely hooked on longer cruises now... we did two 10 day cruises on Royal, and two of our Breakaway cruises were 12 and 15 days respectively. Love it! Just have to do more budgeting lol