Magical Zaandam?

LynnObie

Thought I'd found good dates for B2B Panama Canal San Diego - Fort Lauderdale - San Diego until I noticed that HAL shows the Zaandam both arriving in Fort Lauderdale and departing San Diego on Dec 19, 2020.  See enclosed.  Must be magic!  Seriously, I've written to HAL about the apparent mistake.

Zaandam_PanamaCanal_Dec,2020.pdf

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LynnObie said:

Thought I'd found good dates for B2B Panama Canal San Diego - Fort Lauderdale - San Diego until I noticed that HAL shows the Zaandam both arriving in Fort Lauderdale and departing San Diego on Dec 19, 2020.  See enclosed.  Must be magic!  Seriously, I've written to HAL about the apparent mistake.

Zaandam_PanamaCanal_Dec,2020.pdf 1.08 MB · 1 download

It is difficult to read your post.

Perhaps it is  that I am reading it on an iPad,but it appears as light script.

Can you check it ?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

It is difficult to read your post.

Can you check it ?

Thank you.

Having the same problem.  LynnObie, this is how it appears to me:

AD20353A-2B52-4887-9759-63177A39EC94.jpeg

28 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Whatever you are using chooses a different script than Windows. 

This is how Windows renders it:

iz9g60.jpg

Edited by catl331

1 hour ago, LynnObie said:

Zaandam_PanamaCanal_Dec,2020.pdf 1.08 MB · 5 downloads

33 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Having the same problem.  LynnObie, this is how it appears to me:

AD20353A-2B52-4887-9759-63177A39EC94.jpeg

25 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Whatever you are using chooses a different script than Windows. 

This is how Windows renders it:

iz9g60.jpg

Seems strange that different devices / operating systems are rendering the text differently.  I'm using Firefox on my Mac and selected Comic Sans, size 16, black text when I posted above and here.

8 minutes ago, LynnObie said:

Seems strange that different devices / operating systems are rendering the text differently.  I'm using Firefox on my Mac and selected Comic Sans, size 16, black text when I posted above and here.

Comic Sans does not translate well to other browsers.  Most people will skip by the posts using that font.  In fact, I don’t usually even try to attempt to read them.  Too hard on the eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Comic Sans does not translate well to other browsers.  Most people will skip by the posts using that font.  In fact, I don’t usually even try to attempt to read them.  Too hard on the eyes.

Thanks for the tip!  I had no idea.  Will start using the CC default font.  🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I can see!!  Thank you.  😊

You're most welcome!  🙂   Will repeat my original post with default font for everyone to be able to read it:

Repeat:  Thought I'd found good dates for B2B Panama Canal San Diego - Fort Lauderdale - San Diego until I noticed that HAL shows the Zaandam both arriving in Fort Lauderdale and departing San Diego on Dec 19, 2020.  See enclosed.  Must be magic!  Seriously, I've written to HAL about the apparent mistake.

Zaandam_PanamaCanal_Dec,2020.pdf

After looking at cruisetimetables.com and the above post, my guess is that they've chartered the ship for a SD->SD round trip from Dec 1 to 19, although 18 days is rather long for a charter. Maybe it's 2 or 3 charters, because in the above post Voyages X75 to X79 are missing. OTOH, 20 months is a long lead time for arranging charters.

Edited by catl331

2 hours ago, catl331 said:

After looking at cruisetimetables.com and the above post, my guess is that they've chartered the ship for a SD->SD round trip from Dec 1 to 19, although 18 days is rather long for a charter. Maybe it's 2 or 3 charters, because in the above post Voyages X75 to X79 are missing. OTOH, 20 months is a long lead time for arranging charters.

If there is a charter, it mostly likely will be shorter than 18 days and HAL will have  publicly available sailing(s) on either side of the charter to fill in the gap.  That is a logical deduction, but well, HAL and logic do not seem synonymous of late.

Unfortunately HAL, and all the other cruise lines, leave sailings open for bookings until AFTER the charter and re-deployed sailings are finalized, which can take several months, which then cause displaced cruisers......

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, LynnObie said:

Zaandam_PanamaCanal_Dec,2020.pdf 1.08 MB · 3 downloads

Although HAL representatives have assured me twice by email (soon after starting this thread) that they have corrected this issue to show the correct schedule.... guess what...  A search still shows that HAL must have a magic carpet to enable them to end a San Diego - Ft. Lauderdale Panama Canal cruise in Ft. Lauderdale on 12/19/2020  AND depart from San Diego the same day... LOL. 🙄 🤣

• Haha 1