Anthem of the Seas - DRINK PRICES

resjes

Ok so I searched for the drink prices and so far it says wine is $8+ but most mixed drinks are $12. I got the "Deluxe" package and it says it only covers drinks up to $12. From what I've read on the forum, if it goes over $12, you pay the difference + gratuity. Do you pay gratuity on the $2 extra (for example) or on the $14 for the full drink? Can I buy two $10 drinks and avoid the extra stuff (difference + gratuity)? What about a drink that is $10 and a shot that is $4 (over the $12 limit)? If anyone can post a price list for the drinks on Anthem,  that would be simpler. Maybe one that includes the drinks over $12?? Like what if I want 2 shots of vodka in my drink instead of 1 shot (I assume that is standard)?

For reference, the drinks I like to order are cheap moscato, cranberry/vodka (how much would 2 shots of Grey Goose [included in pkg] and cranberry cost?], Long Island Iced Tea, strawberry daiquiri, and maybe tequila or vodka shots. I like Ketel One (which I didn't see listed) but they offer Patron Silver??? I'm trying to avoid extra charges on top of the overpriced deluxe package. Thanks!!

Edited by resjes

We ordered up to $13 drinks off the menu with no issues at all using the drink package. Each bar has it's own menu with their own special drinks (I highly recommend the Rum Hemorrhage in Boleros and the MetalLiquor in the Music Hall). Drinks of the day were always $8. Never tried to order shots so not sure how that works. I needed DW's card in order to get a drink for her. 

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We ordered up to $13 drinks off the menu with no issues at all using the drink package. Each bar has it's own menu with their own special drinks (I highly recommend the Rum Hemorrhage in Boleros and the MetalLiquor in the Music Hall). Drinks of the day were always $8. Never tried to order shots so not sure how that works. I needed DW's card in order to get a drink for her. 

What's odd is that the PDF on the RCI cruise planner says $12 for me.

Will the bartender let you know if the price will be higher than the deluxe package allows?

1 minute ago, resjes said:

What's odd is that the PDF on the RCI cruise planner says $12 for me.

Will the bartender let you know if the price will be higher than the deluxe package allows?

I would presume so but when we ordered the $13 drinks I asked if they were covered and their response was "of course". I do know that we had no extra charges on the week (but I don't think that many of our drinks were in the $13 range).

2 minutes ago, resjes said:

Yes, but you may have to ask when you order.

2 hours ago, resjes said:

Ok so I searched for the drink prices and so far it says wine is $8+ but most mixed drinks are $12. I got the "Deluxe" package and it says it only covers drinks up to $12. From what I've read on the forum, if it goes over $12, you pay the difference + gratuity. Do you pay gratuity on the $2 extra (for example) or on the $14 for the full drink? Can I buy two $10 drinks and avoid the extra stuff (difference + gratuity)? What about a drink that is $10 and a shot that is $4 (over the $12 limit)? If anyone can post a price list for the drinks on Anthem,  that would be simpler. Maybe one that includes the drinks over $12?? Like what if I want 2 shots of vodka in my drink instead of 1 shot (I assume that is standard)?

For reference, the drinks I like to order are cheap moscato, cranberry/vodka (how much would 2 shots of Grey Goose [included in pkg] and cranberry cost?], Long Island Iced Tea, strawberry daiquiri, and maybe tequila or vodka shots. I like Ketel One (which I didn't see listed) but they offer Patron Silver??? I'm trying to avoid extra charges on top of the overpriced deluxe package. Thanks!!

On some ships, the limit is $12, on some it's $13.  On Anthem, it's $13.

As stated above, if you order a drink that costs more than $13, (say $16), you pay $3 + 18% of $3 = $3.54

You are unlikely to have a problem with a weak drink.  (you shouldn't need an extra shot)

If you want two drinks, just order one and then another.

All of the drinks that you mention should be within the package limit.