Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

6 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

It’s one of these three for ICON 3

LOVE

IDOL

QUEEN

Can’t for the life of me remember where i read about it 

Legend has already been used by Royal. bless the ole girl 🛳️ 

In that case, I could totally see IDOL happening. Keeps with the theme and is a memorable, easy 4-letter name a la ICON & STAR.

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

It’s one of these three for ICON 3

LOVE

IDOL

QUEEN

Can’t for the life of me remember where i read about it 

Legend has already been used by Royal. bless the ole girl 🛳️ 

Nancy 🍸

And really no Suite Lounge, that’s a major oversight - is this reality.

I like the name LEGEND OF THE SEAS, but Royal has no history of recycling names from old ships. So, I doubt that will be the name of Icon 3. 

A search of trademarks registered by Royal Caribbean revealed some interesting options. Keep in mind that cruise lines often register possible future ship names that are never ultimately used. Here's a list of both "Live" and "Dead" (expired) trademarks registered by Royal Caribbean. The live names are potential Icon 3 names, the dead names are not. (All names below are "____ of the Seas." 

LIVE TRADEMARKS

Hero

Nova

Idol

Sun

Fun

Marquee

DEAD TRADEMARKS

Passion

Joy

Apex

Pulse

Valhalla

Endeavor

Vibrance

Aria

Intrigue

Melody

Emblem

Phenom

Eon

Aura

Awe

Illumination

Grace

Unity

Nirvana

Divine

Eternity

Paradise

Spectrum

Journey

Given this list, I'd put my $ on Icon 3 being named IDOL OF THE SEAS. 

One last intriguing detail. Royal has allowed the trademarks for their former ships' names to expire. However, they have kept the trademark for "Legend of the Seas" alive. Hmm... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

I like the name LEGEND OF THE SEAS, but Royal has no history of recycling names from old ships. So, I doubt that will be the name of Icon 3. 

A search of trademarks registered by Royal Caribbean revealed some interesting options. Keep in mind that cruise lines often register possible future ship names that are never ultimately used. Here's a list of both "Live" and "Dead" (expired) trademarks registered by Royal Caribbean. The live names are potential Icon 3 names, the dead names are not. (All names below are "____ of the Seas." 

LIVE TRADEMARKS

Hero

Nova

Idol

Sun

Fun

Marquee

DEAD TRADEMARKS

Passion

Joy

Apex

Pulse

Valhalla

Endeavor

Vibrance

Aria

Intrigue

Melody

Emblem

Phenom

Eon

Aura

Awe

Illumination

Grace

Unity

Nirvana

Divine

Eternity

Paradise

Spectrum

Journey

Given this list, I'd put my $ on Icon 3 being named IDOL OF THE SEAS. 

One last intriguing detail. Royal has allowed the trademarks for their former ships' names to expire. However, they have kept the trademark for "Legend of the Seas" alive. Hmm... 

I vote for Nova!

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We've got one of those D4 aft facing balconies deck 14.  I'm so surprised that they categorized them as standard OV balconies and not OV with large  balcony.  Not that I'm complaining!!! I'm quite looking forward to that unobstructed aft view

Great view, but I'd be concerned about sleeping. Hideaway music will be banging until the wee hours of the morning right above you. I saw a video earlier today with commentary about just how loud the hideaway was the past couple days, one large adult day/night club, was definitely a younger party crowd hanging out there. Maybe that's was more related to the start-up cruises and employees traveling?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Saw that same one, that make no sense to me.  Us women have hair dryers, straight irons, curling irons etc that aren't USB charged items.  Oh well  I did see a 220v so Converter it is.

In one of the cabin videos I saw, there was an outlet in the bathroom now! Finally. Yay! About time. Now, let’s hope I don’t trip the breaker with my hairdryer. 🤣

• Thanks 1

@Lloyd555 Nice view for sure.

On a side note, I went to your Instagram account hoping to see some Icon images, but saw a lot of those fallen / leaping Timbits instead!
I'm never going to look at them the same way again! Or I will think of them when I look at the Pearl on Icon. 😄😄😄

timbits.jpg.069e7aa1224359d9f60dc389a3e48ff4.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

@Lloyd555 Nice view for sure.

On a side note, I went to your Instagram account hoping to see some Icon images, but saw a lot of those fallen / leaping Timbits instead!
I'm never going to look at them the same way again! Or I will think of them when I look at the Pearl on Icon. 😄😄😄

timbits.jpg.069e7aa1224359d9f60dc389a3e48ff4.jpg

Yup. I don't  buy them. So the least that I can do is snap a photo of them #leapingtimbits as I refer to them when I go in to buy a coffee. 😜 🏀🏀🏀

10 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Yup. I don't  buy them. So the least that I can do is snap a photo of them #leapingtimbits as I refer to them when I go in to buy a coffee. 😜 🏀🏀🏀

LOL I just searched #leapingtimbits in Instagram. You are the Yousuf Karsh of Timbits. 😃
And now I will think of them when I see the Pearl as well.
 😁

Edited by Panda Monium

55 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

A good view of the Hideaway pool.

I mean, it looks nice for what it is ... but it's absolutely not a replacement for the Solarium or Cloud 17, I don't care what all the apologists say. Will I enjoy it? Sure, I probably will. Am I happy about it? Nope. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JemzRoo said:

I mean, it looks nice for what it is ... but it's absolutely not a replacement for the Solarium or Cloud 17, I don't care what all the apologists say. Will I enjoy it? Sure, I probably will. Am I happy about it? Nope. 

Same. Will be interested to see the types of crowds at Cloud 17. May still hang out there. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Same. Will be interested to see the types of crowds at Cloud 17. May still hang out there. 

My family with a teenager will now be at Cloud 17...

Edited by Scoobydobe7

15 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

My family with a teenager will now be at Cloud 17...

You won't be the only one, Cloud 17 will be a hangout/basecamp for suite guests with families/kids on decks16/17 due to the proximity of slides. The hideway looks great from an adult perspective, but you have to be an adult that wants to party all day long (drinking and loud music). There is no longer an adult only solitude type venue on Icon, but that doesn't seem to be how the ship is marketed anyway...

I have looked at several videos and I will be curious when people actually start cruising if there is any shade.  I love being outside but need shade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

You won't be the only one, Cloud 17 will be a hangout/basecamp for suite guests with families/kids on decks16/17 due to the proximity of slides. The hideway looks great from an adult perspective, but you have to be an adult that wants to party all day long (drinking and loud music). There is no longer an adult only solitude type venue on Icon, but that doesn't seem to be how the ship is marketed anyway...

Exactly.  I don't drink at all so the Hideaway from a "party" perspective does not appeal to me.  I just prefer a lounger with a nice sea view, sun, and my kindle and friends. Optimistic that we'll be able to find an ideal location for us. Luckily, since we're early risers and usually in our chairs by 8 am, I'm about done with the sun by 2 anyway. 😜 Then can move to the Aqua dome. 

See those raised pods in the Aquadome - they look amazing. But there's only a few of them.  and from what i can see, you'll have no way of knowing someone is up there using it until you've climbed up the stairs.  Which means if you are lucky to grab a seat, you're just going to spend your time having to deal with lots of disappointed people climbing up some stairs towards you!  Think I might get up at 5am every morning to enjoy some peace and calm before it gets busy!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:10 PM, cr2000 said:

There are a number of things I don't like on Icon, the suite space is perhaps the biggest miss, and I think in time reviews will bear out that opinion. I've also noted a number of other things I think RC got wrong as well, but also plenty that looks fantastic. I don't plan to hang out in Surfside, but I happen to think they nailed it for kids. The infinity pool in proximity to the kids park and eating venues is very thoughtful and the entire space looks whimsical and fun, that's one place where they nailed the color scheme and design, exactly in tune with the target audience. I should haven't to stay or use a particular area to have an opinion. Let's wait until reviews start getting posted of actual paying customers, then we'll know how people feel. Remember the influencers get free vacations for being complimentary, and do so on your dime and mine. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi.  Check this live youtube video of the suite sundeck.  It is huge!  Not just the pool ,but a hot tub on each end of deck 18.  AND tons of space on deck 19!  Not totally "decked out" w greenery yet but at least 3x the size of Wonder with similar furniture and 3x water areas. PLUS most of suite sundeck has ocean views.  Wonder did not.  So check out the glass half full:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Hi.  Check this live youtube video of the suite sundeck.  It is huge!  Not just the pool ,but a hot tub on each end of deck 18.  AND tons of space on deck 19!  Not totally "decked out" w greenery yet but at least 3x the size of Wonder with similar furniture and 3x water areas. PLUS most of suite sundeck has ocean views.  Wonder did not.  So check out the glass half full:

and here is a good youtube of coastal kitchen and suite lounge.  Just like Wonder it is dual purpose lounge and dining, but twice the size.  Looks great to me!  

Edited by topanga49er
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, topanga49er said:

Suite deck space is a very good size, however, you figure 179 suites at 3 people (avg) per suite is 537 guests using that space. My quick count from that video shows perhaps seating for 120 people (heck the bar has a mere 6 seats!) and the "pool", as I expected, is large jacuzzi at best, maybe good for 10 people? I don't think suite guests are going to like having to get up early to save a chair, might as well head down to the lower decks and fight for chairs with the rest of us. Lol. I also think it looks cheap (like it was furnished from the Target or Ikea catalog). I suspect suite prices will correct down as negative customer reviews roll in.

Edited by cr2000

1 hour ago, topanga49er said:

and here is a good youtube of coastal kitchen and suite lounge.  Just like Wonder it is dual purpose lounge and dining, but twice the size.  Looks great to me!

Just my opinion, the colors and textures in Coastal Kitchen look like something you'd find in a Marriott lobby. Just downright ugly. Go look at Hooked or 1400 Lobby Bar, those are beautiful. Also there is no suite lounge area, just some chairs and tables in a waiting area when you enter - no dedicated lounge. I really think suite customers aren't going to respond favorably, heck I saw a video where the continental breakfast in CK appeared to be setup on folding tables! - no dedicated area as on Wonder.

38 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

Just my opinion, the colors and textures in Coastal Kitchen look like something you'd find in a Marriott lobby. Just downright ugly. Go look at Hooked or 1400 Lobby Bar, those are beautiful. Also there is no suite lounge area, just some chairs and tables in a waiting area when you enter - no dedicated lounge. I really think suite customers aren't going to respond favorably, heck I saw a video where the continental breakfast in CK appeared to be setup on folding tables! - no dedicated area as on Wonder.

There was no "dedicated" area in suite lounge on Wonder, except for the small area as youo walk in  A simple coffee, fruit and bagel bar.  I am sure they will have something similar on Icon.  They haven't even sailed yet.  Does anyone remember the Sprinkler system explosion on Wonder's inaugural sail?  Everyone swore that the carpets would be mildewed and ruined, and that it all looked awful.  Hey, everyone on this thread is passionate about cruising or we wouldn't be viewing it so much.  But cmon folks.  Give it a chance and give some of the negative comments a rest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@topanga49er

Thanks for posting the videos..  I have never cruised Wonder so I can not compare.  I have done suites on Symphony and Harmony and I have to say the Icon Suite areas looks sooo much larger and nicer!  I know people in Suites don't spend a lot of time in just the Suite area but it looks like they will love it when they do.

• Like 1