CocoCay water park price reduced

I'm cruising June 23 on the 4 night HOTS. I booked my cruise back in January and noted that the waterpark at CocoCay was to be completed in May and thought the end of June would give enough time if there was a delay.  All day tickets have been about $65/person but I noticed today they are down to $38/person. I canceled my original order and re-bought the lower price tickets, but I'm wondering if the price is reduced bc it probably won't be finished.  Anyone on cruises leaving  in May or June notice this?

Edited by Redsonya37
adding

The Full Day Waterpark is only $23.99 for my May 10th Navigator sailing.  I already rented a Beach Bed and was hoping to spend some time at the pool, I feel like I wouldn't have time to enjoy it.....but at that price it might be worth checking it out even if just for a short time!

4 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

The Full Day Waterpark is only $23.99 for my May 10th Navigator sailing.  I already rented a Beach Bed and was hoping to spend some time at the pool, I feel like I wouldn't have time to enjoy it.....but at that price it might be worth checking it out even if just for a short time!

I doubt it will be open then from the pics I see

6 minutes ago, Redsonya37 said:

I doubt it will be open then from the pics I see

Yesterday, Royal tweeted they are targeting May 2nd as the opening. 

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean Apr 23
Hey, Gerrie. We're looking at May 2nd, 2019 as the official release date for Perfect Day at CocoCay. See you there 🙂 -Zack

25 minutes ago, 919Florida said:

Yesterday, Royal tweeted they are targeting May 2nd as the opening. 

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean Apr 23
Hey, Gerrie. We're looking at May 2nd, 2019 as the official release date for Perfect Day at CocoCay. See you there 🙂 -Zack

That is good to hear. Someone posted recent pics and the big spire was only about 25 % done so my hopes fell about a May completion date. 

33 minutes ago, Redsonya37 said:

That is good to hear. Someone posted recent pics and the big spire was only about 25 % done so my hopes fell about a May completion date. 

I had not saw that picture but I am really hoping this tweet is right. Excited to get to see it all completed soon. They definitely have some work to get done quickly. 

I was able to book for $39.99 for Nov 21st which is day 13 of the Rhapsody TA from Barcelona. I will also be on Coco Cay on Navigator on June 22nd to check everything out but not booking for that one because my friend is bringing here grandson who is to small for the slides. The price for the June visit is $28.99.

2 hours ago, yzfmik said:

I had booked the full day last week at $29.99 and noticed yesterday, the price drop. Cancelled and rebooked. 

• Like 1

We are sailing on Grandeur on June 27th. The thrill waterpark excursions are 50% off! I am wondering if it will not be completely finished at this point for that deep of a discount. I looked at videos on youtube and there are only a few in the last couple months. It didnt look like the slides were open which I didnt think they were supposed to be done by now anyways.

Anyone have a clue as to why it is so cheap? I have never seen a shore excursion that discounted before.