Wind 30 Apr-16 May, FLL-Tower Bridge

Tothesunset

Wow. It worked. So, being on a roll, I'll have a go at getting some pics of today's American Diner lunch. All the photos gave been reduced from around 10mb to 0.5 mb to ease the upload. 

IMG_20190509_113845.thumb.jpg.1c6dfcecc0bdeeaa1d668e1f2b3f9804.jpgIMG_20190509_114015.thumb.jpg.d0b3358c54ce33a7f98a79476cd26c6c.jpgIMG_20190509_113959.jpg.2f2d19713250406ba819282920d035ad.jpg

• Like 1

TTS,  Firstly, thank you very much for the atmospheric pictures, and do hope the "horn" has not disturbed your night's sleep!  Do hope Gennaro Arma has worked his magic and the storm forecast for Saturday disappears.  Seemingly the "summer" weather so enjoyed by the British Isles over Easter has now become "winter", although it is forecasted to become a lot warmer for your arrival into Tower Bridge.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Spinnaker2, yes I too remember the sign behind the bar to the "hidden" loo.  I seem to remember that there was also a small store cupboard adjacent to this, which held assorted ship's paraphernalia.  It was also quite amusing to disappear from sight of the pool deck to use this facility, and fellow passengers thought I had come out of "crew" quarters!.  Happy days - I wonder if it is still there?  Next door to this, is the HD's cabin.

BTW I am surprised that many passengers have been taken aback at the confirmation that our beloved Silver Wind will be "icefied" during her four month+ drydock after August 2020.  As I said last September, the "Freudian" slip on the advanced itineraries which RP also saw, showing a Ushuaia cruise in Feb 2021, really gave the game away, but there was no official confirmation.  However, seemingly we are getting the best of both worlds, she will spend some months "down under" in the frozen wastes, and the rest of the year in warmer climes.  In theory to my mind - it just means I will only have six or so months or cruises to choose between.

On an upbeat note - She will still be Our Wind, just looking newer and younger.  At least She will still be plying the Seven Seas and long may she continue!!

Looking forward to hearing more news from all currently on the Wind.

Kindest regards

Master Echo  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Let's see if the mediaeval Internet will allow me to upload some photos of a grey St John's. 

IMG_20190508_135850.jpg.3044b6b6a908e7d6bc6e5462a6a83384.jpgdownload_20190508_144104.thumb.jpg.56c8dc8aae5c478fe61a952e5bf5a753.jpgIMG_20190508_135834.jpg.c31a3522474ae3aa354effb75322d2f6.jpg

YIPPEE TTS!

persistination and you uploaded some great shots!

Thanks so much for the photos and commentary!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Master Echo said:

Seemingly the "summer" weather so enjoyed by the British Isles over Easter has now become "winter"...

Master Echo, about that winter stuff, here’s my view today.  We’re so over winter come May here.

79FEABCB-E5EE-4FE2-B896-617F31FCD500.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Stumble thats just nuts!!!

this is supposed to be mud season.

That is what you seen ,guess what my neighbor found in his driveway this am ? a gator

image.png.1f1131a8a7475a3b057a9bcf279d8db2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Stumble thats just nuts!!!

this is supposed to be mud season.

Exactly Spins!  We've had one heck of a ski season this year.  So much snow that even Breckenridge is staying open through Memorial Day.  If the Forest Service permits allowed it, I guarantee you Vail and Beaver Creek would have stayed open too.

2 hours ago, Master Echo said:

OMG!! Stumblefoot - you poor souls.

Please keep it to yourself!!

Haha!  I understand Master Echo.

1 hour ago, etual324 said:

That is what you seen ,guess what my neighbor found in his driveway this am ? a gator 

Holy smokes!  Thankfully, I don't have to worry about gators out here.  Whew!

Warnings now of 6 metre seas tonight rising to 11 metres tomorrow. Everything is tied down and passengers advised to take great care moving around the ship. 

On a brighter note, just laid down the deposit for the Moon 2021 TA FLL-Barcelona. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Warnings now of 6 metre seas tonight rising to 11 metres tomorrow. Everything is tied down and passengers advised to take great care moving around the ship. 

On a brighter note, just laid down the deposit for the Moon 2021 TA FLL-Barcelona. 

Wow!  30+ foot waves!   That could be quite a ride.  Biggest I’ve experienced as an adult were 18+ foot waves and that was rough enough on a much bigger cruise ship.   

It seems that the conditions have ameliorated somewhat from yesterday's forecast and we are now looking at 6m or about 20 ft seas. That's kindergarten stuff!

As each day goes by the intimacy of this great little ship appeals more and more. Such a shame that SS don't commission a similarly sized but new vessel to take over the Wind's classic itineraries. I'm sure many would pay a premium to sail on a ship of that size. Is moving towards Moon-sized vessels not taking SS away from its USP?