Anytime dining, how to use

Its been 24 years since we sailed on a RC ship. We are experienced cruisers with all other lines, but I feel a bit behind in knowing about RC. We have anytime dining, do we need to make reservations each day? Can we just walk up and be seated? Does anytime really mean anytime? One last question, we are on RC Indy, where is anytime dining and is there a different place to check in for dining each night?

Thanks your help, it sucks to be a newbie after all this time.

After a long time away, you could also choose traditional dining, with early or late seating, if that’s what dare used to, or more comfortable doing.

With My Time Dining you can either make a reservation each evening - can be at different times. Or, you can just show up and request to be seated. If you choose to just show up you may have a short wait for a table. 

We really enjoyed mtd on our allure cruise in february. We were a group of 4 and we weren't interested in sharing a table with others. We made reservations for every night precruise. We ended up cancelling one night and did the walkin. We were a little early one night and a little late one night. We were always seated right away and had the same wait staff all week. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Personally, I just showed up with my so one night and we got a really nice table so we went ahead and reserved it for the remainder of the cruise.  I believe you can do it either way though.  And the wait if you don't reserve is pretty minimal.

Lisa N.

It seems to depend on the ship.

At least on the smaller ones, it seems to be fine to just walk up.  The larger ones, there may be a bit of a wait.  But reservations are not required.

we love MTD and rarely make reservations.  Normally never wait more than 5 minutes.  We don't care if we get the same waiters or not.  We love the flexibility of eating when we feel like it. I typically look at the compass in the morning or on the big ships I know what time our show reservations are.  We go eat around that.  We have done MTD since it first started and would never go back to anything else.

I think the longest I've ever had to wait is maybe 15 minutes. I believe that was on the Allure with a party of 8. We had to wait for a large table to open up. A 2 top is generally faster. When just my DH & I, I can't remember ever having to wait more than 5 min or so. However long it takes for them to seat the people in front of us.