Koningsdam

nineteen2

49 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Any idea on the angled cabins bathroom?

will be in cabin 7134? Probably the same.

I know on The Windstar our bathroom was small but access to the toilet was no problem.

Thanks if anyone reply’s 

Denise😊

Since the bathrooms are near the door, I would expect the bathroom to be unaffected by the extra triangle of space in the cabin.

I didn't mind the toilet on our Deck 5 Veranda stateroom. However, the shower door wouldn't stay closed or open. It banged loudly on the wall and glass enclosure during rough seas. Both the cabin steward and Engineering tried to fix it but weren't really successful. Maybe bring duct tape...? 🙂

Just now, Mandalay1903 said:

I didn't mind the toilet on our Deck 5 Veranda stateroom. However, the shower door wouldn't stay closed or open. It banged loudly on the wall and glass enclosure during rough seas. Both the cabin steward and Engineering tried to fix it but weren't really successful. Maybe bring duct tape...? 🙂

People bring duct tape to keep the underbed drawers closed in rough weather, so you wouldn't be the first to bring it.

• Like 1

There are no accessible cabins available for a cruise we want to take in October so we have a hold on a balcony cabin (6066) but it's probably not big enough for my scooter to fit in the cabin.   I don't care to have it in bed with me.   It needs to be charged at night.   I am hoping an accessible cabin comes up before the cruise but if it doesn't I wonder if I would have more room in a higher category e.g.,  a vista suite?   My TA told me the cabin is only 182 square feet but some web sites show it as 220 sq. ft.  It is a VD category.

Final payment is due August 4th and we are hoping that an accessible balcony cabin will become available.   If it doesn't I wonder if we should pay extra to have a bigger cabin and  room for my scooter.    I am worried the cabin steward won't take the scooter overnight to charge it and bring it to me in the morning.   Anyone have that experience?

On 5/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, mexico8 said:

There are no accessible cabins available for a cruise we want to take in October so we have a hold on a balcony cabin (6066) but it's probably not big enough for my scooter to fit in the cabin.   I don't care to have it in bed with me.   It needs to be charged at night.   I am hoping an accessible cabin comes up before the cruise but if it doesn't I wonder if I would have more room in a higher category e.g.,  a vista suite?   My TA told me the cabin is only 182 square feet but some web sites show it as 220 sq. ft.  It is a VD category.

Final payment is due August 4th and we are hoping that an accessible balcony cabin will become available.   If it doesn't I wonder if we should pay extra to have a bigger cabin and  room for my scooter.    I am worried the cabin steward won't take the scooter overnight to charge it and bring it to me in the morning.   Anyone have that experience?

My wife uses a GoGo scooter (a relatively small travel scooter), and we've had minimal problems bringing it into the room.  In a Koningsdam Vista suite, I don't remember any issues.  In the normal balcony room, we moved both end tables to the bathroom side of the bed (sliding the bed over a couple of feet), so it could fit along that wall with room for her to walk by it.

The big concern is the doorway.  There's about 2-4 inches of clearance, so it took some careful driving to get in and out. A suggestion would be to bring a couple of the rubber wedge doorstops to hold the door open while going through.

I've never heard of a steward taking it at night to be charged.  Would be interesting if that's an option!

Mark

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

My wife uses a GoGo scooter (a relatively small travel scooter), and we've had minimal problems bringing it into the room.  In a Koningsdam Vista suite, I don't remember any issues.  In the normal balcony room, we moved both end tables to the bathroom side of the bed (sliding the bed over a couple of feet), so it could fit along that wall with room for her to walk by it.

The big concern is the doorway.  There's about 2-4 inches of clearance, so it took some careful driving to get in and out. A suggestion would be to bring a couple of the rubber wedge doorstops to hold the door open while going through.

I've never heard of a steward taking it at night to be charged.  Would be interesting if that's an option!

Mark

Another concern is hallway width. Some of the hallways are narrower than others. I don't remember how big the scooter was, but I remember seeing someone having trouble making the turn from the hallway into the room. 

1 hour ago, fusion927 said:

Mark

I will ask about the Vista suite availability - I am guessing it is larger than the balcony cabin?    Good idea about having the rubber wedge doorstops for the door.   I will add them to the packing list!!   

There is one accessible cabin for the first 13 days of the cruise (not the second half) but it is a totally obstructed view (a large lifeboat blocks the view) and we would have to change to a different cabin after the first half of the cruise.   Decisions to make.