Koningsdam

nineteen2

I just booked a cruise on the Koningsdam on deck 7.  I understand the bathrooms are very small.   Someone said the toilet is at an angle and you hit the shower door when your on it.   Anyone have any comments on this.   Thanks for your input.

5 minutes ago, Crew News said:

It is not inconvenient but interesting that designers could not foresee this.

Maybe they were short people, or sit further back! Do you know whether this has been fixed on the Nieuw Statendam?

25 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was on deck 6 and I'm almost 6' tall and I had no problem.

It's not your total height that matters but how long your legs are between hips and knees.

5 hours ago, catl331 said:

Maybe they were short people, or sit further back! Do you know whether this has been fixed on the Nieuw Statendam?

Yes it has been fixed on the NS by changing the angle of the wall supporting the toilet.

I'm 6 ft  tall and I don't remember anything that makes me think deal breaker or anything at all. Maybe I forgot my engineers calipers. I really liked the shower doors and the little bar to shave my legs though. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, RascalAnn said:

But you get a wonderful large shower with a door instead of the usual tiny showers with a curtain that you fight with during your shower!  I loved it☺

Not if you have a corner aft NS. The shower was smaller than a standard phone booth. I don't know what cabin grade catl331's photo posted above is, but it looks to be about double the size we had in the NS. Maybe NS afts on other decks are better, but the deck 7 aft NS showers are a joke. And no shower over the tub, so we were stuck with that tiny space.

38 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Not if you have a corner aft NS. The shower was smaller than a standard phone booth. I don't know what cabin grade catl331's photo posted above is, but it looks to be about double the size we had in the NS. Maybe NS afts on other decks are better, but the deck 7 aft NS showers are a joke. And no shower over the tub, so we were stuck with that tiny space.

cat's picture is identical to the bathroom(s) we have had on the Koningsdam.  In fact we were on deck 7 for our last two cruises, regular veranda stateroom,  and will there again in the spring.  Bathroom overall is no smaller from other standard HAL or Princess ships.  Sorry your NS came with something smaller. 

Love, just love the shower!

• Like 1

I'm 6' and when I experienced this I only thought, "well, that's a little odd."  I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated it or its a deal breaker.  Not even close.  

And has been mentioned, the shower is wonderful.  In fact, I'd say its the nicest and largest shower I've ever had in a standard room.  

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, Crew News said:

One must shift their seating position approximately 8 degrees if you have long legs.  It is not inconvenient but interesting that designers could not foresee this.

My protractor gave a reading of 11 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed on the KDam in March and we didn't have any issue however it is unusual seating.  The shower is amazing and I didn't miss stepping in and out of a bathtub.  Absolutely agree that the design crew should have considered the angle.