Price Adjustments?

I've seen some threads about price drops and adjustments. I have never done this before - how does it work? If I looked up my exact same cruise and if the end cost is cheaper, does RC just give me a credit back? There are several factors involved so I am not sure what they would consider - 1) They now have an onboard credit whereas when I booked, they didn't. Do I get that? 2) The option to choose my own cabin was actually cheaper than having them choose for me, but now it's flipped - is that a factor? (same category, interior) 3) They don't need to unwind everything, do they? Assume it's just same booking number, but an adjustment credit?

TIA - never took advantage of this so saving a couple hundred bucks would be great!

As long as you are before final payment date you can get price drops.  You get whatever promotion is running at the time you change it.   Call whomever you booked thru  Same booking number just re-price

Edited by molly361

I have called RCCL directly multiple times when there was a price change, and they always matched it, without changing any aspect of my booking. Yesterday, I called them, got some $ off my initial price, and received $100 OBC as part of their current offer. I have been able to get a total of $436 off since I first booked. People have gotten way more in reductions. Definitely call them.

The general rules are: It has to be before final payment (not just before sailing date), you have to be booked under American booking rules (UK isn't eligible for price changes), and you will get the current promotion (and lose whatever promotion you booked under.

If all of those things fit, then you just call in and say you want to re-price the cruise and they will do it no problem.

The third point is good to remember if you have OBC with your booking that was part of the original promotion. For example, if the price has dropped by $100 but you have $150 in OBC, it isn't worth it to reprice, since you'll lose the OBC and end up with $50 less in value.

Not to hijack this thread but I think I know the answer I just wanted to confirm before I call the TA.  We booked through nextcruise last week and this week the cruise we just booked is up 40 dollars but they are offering 100 OBC. We got 100 OBC for booking through Nextcruise.  If I have them reprice the cruise, am I understanding correctly that, I will get the new $40 higher price but get the additional $100 OBC and get to keep the $100 OBC for booking onboard.  Essentially, my question is... do I keep the Nextcruise OBC if have them reprice or do I forfeit it when I reprice?

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Not to hijack this thread but I think I know the answer I just wanted to confirm before I call the TA.  We booked through nextcruise last week and this week the cruise we just booked is up 40 dollars but they are offering 100 OBC. We got 100 OBC for booking through Nextcruise.  If I have them reprice the cruise, am I understanding correctly that, I will get the new $40 higher price but get the additional $100 OBC and get to keep the $100 OBC for booking onboard.  Essentially, my question is... do I keep the Nextcruise OBC if have them reprice or do I forfeit it when I reprice?

Yes, you will always keep the OBC from booking onboard, as long as you don't cancel that booking.