Mariner - Pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for your info. We sailed Mariner in February and enjoyed it. Our previous Mariner cruise was 2008 so we loved the changes. 

I agree with the Jamie’s/Giovanni’s comments not just on Mariner, but on all the ships ( except maybe for that Jamie’s lemon pie dessert 😄). I’ll go put on a limb and say that I preferred  Portofino’s to Giovanni’s. 

OP -thanks and glad you had a good cruise. 

M

On 5/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, Tree_skier said:

I'm not Shellden but I can answer a couple of your questions.

We had the UDP so we only did specialty dining so I can't help with those questions

My go to drinks are Pina Colada's and Strongbows cider.

It had a real mix as far as the demographic.  Older, younger and families.  There were lots 20 and 30 somethings on this ship.

We are sailing in August on the Mariner and bought "The Key"  mostly because one of the members of our group has serious mobility issues and we thought this would help get us through lines at embarkation easily and also avoid the crowds at the buffet by dining at Chops.  Did you find it easy to board with "The Key" and also how was the luncheon in Chops that day? 

Also what time were you able to get into your stateroom?  Thanks

11 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We are sailing in August on the Mariner and bought "The Key"  mostly because one of the members of our group has serious mobility issues and we thought this would help get us through lines at embarkation easily and also avoid the crowds at the buffet by dining at Chops.  Did you find it easy to board with "The Key" and also how was the luncheon in Chops that day? 

Also what time were you able to get into your stateroom?  Thanks

The Key was no benefit to us as Mariner was embarking from Miami at that time.  Miami is so efficient we literally just walked strait on the ship without any line or wait at all.  With it sailing out of Port Canaveral that may be different so I'm not sure.

As far as Chops lunch is concerned... that was definitely an upgrade over the crowds at the WJ on embarkation day. 

We got into our stateroom at 13:30... Same time as everybody else.  

I wouldn't purchase the Key again but the is just me.  On a shorter cruise like Mariner, when you add the lunch and the internet, you may derive some value from it.

• 3 weeks later...