Dawn Library and Apps

I'm an experienced cruiser but this is my first NCL. I leave on Dawn in 8 days and am taking a crash course on new cruise line.

My questions are:

1. Does Dawn have a library?  Not fussy over quantity just hoping to pick up a few random fictions books.

2. Are there any apps I need to down load beforehand to see the daily activity sheet on my phone.

Thank you!

Edited by jeansaussie1

40 minutes ago, jeansaussie1 said:

I'm an experienced cruiser but this is my first NCL. I leave on Dawn in 8 days and am taking a crash course on new cruise line.

My questions are:

1. Does Dawn have a library?  Not fussy over quantity just hoping to pick up a few random fictions books.

All NCL ships have libraries, I believe.  The Dawn's library is located on deck #12, forward of the pool.  

Haven't been on the Dawn in quite a few years, so we are looking forward to sailing her again in September from Quebec City to NYC.  We usually sail the Gem.  Their library also has a back section of donated books.  I always tuck a few fiction books in my suitcase to leave behind for others to enjoy.

2. Are there any apps I need to down load beforehand to see the daily activity sheet on my phone.

NCL unveiled a new phone app, Cruise Norwegian, fleet-wide this year.  Haven't tried it, but here's a link to an NCL site about it:  https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/cruise-norwegian-mobile-app-available-fleetwide

Patricia

Thank you!

The DAWN library is where you check out board games and if you missed the Trivia Crossword Sudoku puzzles

this is the place to find them.

The DAWN library is a real quiet well appointed facility - as noted forward of the pool deck (12) and aft of the

4 meeting rooms forward bank of elevators and suites accessible from both starboard and port passageways.

There is an attendant for a few hours in the morning and afternoons - look for schedule or ask when the attendant

will be there. Books are in locked cases but maybe open in midday - there is a return book slot starboard side of the library.

Caution exiting port side to the pool deck this a smoking zone.

Now I am not going to tell you more or read your books for you - LOL !

The sister ship the STAR has a similar setup !

1 minute ago, Mike_DeA said:

Many people actually.  Why the pompous comment?

Because tree-based books are a 15th-century technology.  E-readers can store 1,000 books or more; can easily be held and advanced in one hand; are backlighted for reading in poor (or no) light; have built-in dictionaries to explain unfamiliar words; have adjustable print sizing to compensate for declining vision; some, like mine, are waterproof for reading in or near the tub, pool or spa; and can add additional books through an internet connection.  They are just vastly superior to tree-based books for most reading purposes. 

8 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Because tree-based books are a 15th-century technology.  E-readers can store 1,000 books or more; can easily be held and advanced in one hand; are backlighted for reading in poor (or no) light; have built-in dictionaries to explain unfamiliar words; have adjustable print sizing to compensate for declining vision; some, like mine, are waterproof for reading in or near the tub, pool or spa; and can add additional books through an internet connection.  They are just vastly superior to tree-based books for most reading purposes. 

Says you

23 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Geez, maybe some people like books!  Each to their own.

• Like 2

I have a Nook which I enjoy and I have about 200 books on it, however, for me nothing will ever compare to a real book.  I love the smell of books, you just don't get that with an E-reader.  There's also something satisfying about turning pages.  The Nook is good for going on vacations because now I don't need to pack 8-10 books to read while I'm away, but I still will buy a paperback or hard cover book before thinking about purchasing it for the E-reader.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skynyrd said:

I have a Nook which I enjoy and I have about 200 books on it, however, for me nothing will ever compare to a real book.  I love the smell of books, you just don't get that with an E-reader.  There's also something satisfying about turning pages.  The Nook is good for going on vacations because now I don't need to pack 8-10 books to read while I'm away, but I still will buy a paperback or hard cover book before thinking about purchasing it for the E-reader.  

Smart move you have a back up in case of power battery failure - ah er what about the lighting to read that back up book ? LOL !