Harmony of the Seas - Should I be worried?

I booked Harmony Feb. 23, 2020 at next cruise in Feb. 2019.  I just learned that there will be a large event  "rockysrockincruises" a 50/60/70's group with entertainers that will be preforming private concerts and other events.  I'm worried we will not be able to see the regular shows and such since they will be taking over venues.  Has anyone ever been on a cruise with such a thing. So worried, what was your experience? 

Was on Oasis a few months ago that had the very large "Rocky Rollers" group on board that week.  I could never even tell they were on board.  They did take over Dazzles a few times, but there are so many other venues around the ship...it did not affect us at all.  Would actually have loved to see a few of their shows, but we were not part of the group.  People we met from the group, plus I talked to the roll call were all very nice.  

I agree with the other responses.   The Rockin' the Caribbean cruise group shouldn't cause other shows to be cancelled.  

There are actually 2 cruises - 2/16 and 2/23 for the same group.  

We ended up booking the 2/16 cruise, but only because we will be on 2/9 and wanted to do a back to back.

You will usually see special events for the group around the ship, but all the regular venues should still be available to those who did not purchase the exclusive package. 

3 hours ago, happycruiser90 said:

I booked Harmony Feb. 23, 2020 at next cruise in Feb. 2019.  I just learned that there will be a large event  "rockysrockincruises" a 50/60/70's group with entertainers that will be preforming private concerts and other events.  I'm worried we will not be able to see the regular shows and such since they will be taking over venues.  Has anyone ever been on a cruise with such a thing. So worried, what was your experience? 

The group is less than 500 cabins or 1000 guests out of probably around 6000 guests that week.  We were on one of their sailings last year and other than seeing them in their matching t shirts we wouldn’t have known they were on board. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The group is less than 500 cabins or 1000 guests out of probably around 6000 guests that week.  We were on one of their sailings last year and other than seeing them in their matching t shirts we wouldn’t have known they were on board. 

Oh great!  Thanks for your help.

As other have said the Harmony is so large and 1000 out 6000 is not a high percentage.  It is doubtful they will take over main areas.  In addition this type of group does not seem much different than the Harmony winter demographic. 

We were on this a large group once.  One advantage is the group does events together and that makes the other events less crowded.