Carnival Breeze 7 Day Western Caribbean Photo Review

It has been two months since  I've been back from my family cruise aboard the Carnival Breeze and I'm just getting around to posting my review! 

This cruise was extra special not only because my ENTIRE family was joining DH and I, but because it was also our platinum cruise with Carnival. Woot, woot! 

I hope you all enjoy my picture filled review. Feel free to ask any questions. It might take me a few weeks to finish the review.

So...here we go! 

My family was flying into Florida from NH and DH and I recently moved to Florida, so we went to pick them up at the airport in a giant van. 🙂 Here we are! I was so excited!

They flew into JAX and then we all loaded up the van and spent the night at a hotel in Daytona.

a-sIkzh6sthMALZA-XYnUC8-wxFPinaOQ2N39yVW

We checked out of the hotel and made a pit stop and Dunkins. We got to the port around 10:35 a.m. DH and I dropped off my family so we could return the van. In an Uber on the way to the port, I got a text from my mom saying they were already aboard the ship! How's that for irony? My sister and nieces very first cruise and my mom and dad's third cruise and they got on the ship before us newly minted platinum cruisers! 😄

DH and I quickly got aboard after the Uber dropped us off. We caught up with my dad as we dropped our bags in our room. We had a 4J cabin at the very front of the ship on Deck 6. We then went to find the others for lunch on Lido. I had two tacos from Blue Iguana Cantina and DH had his beloved Guys burger.

Eng-PhW7VxlzXvifg-D7ELBNBzEJb3f-AUHB8HbQ

qKEACNiMmuCTN_CMjNucyIPq4WmTJ2VhQxAtVuSZ

qvEdr5Sjvr148iUMaY7Nf9s5wCv7YvwWOdFXlAot

UmsP7-AIhNO5IzSIB78elfvgZm1pZq5Fmo2PtyNW

n67taidm8lcfHz4lz9YTf75dIttfqz8FOAiANOWV

I went with my sister, brother-in-law and nieces to the waterpark and pool to watch the girls swim. I then met up with DH on Serenity until it was time for muster. We met for muster in the Ovation Theater. We all watched sailaway from the "secret deck" in front of our room (or, as I like to call it, the poor man's balcony). Mom and dad had a room right next to ours and my sister and her family had a real balcony room around the corner from us.

_Cpem7cd8bJcCeRvwqdTKuQcaN9J29A9irGlgz5s

i5GlDBrRlTvy622Vk8Sab2yxBrdv3osAgTlbp5Kq

Great start!  Thanks for writing this review and sharing your experience with us. 

We're going on our first family cruise on the Breeze in Dec.  We live in Jax and our families are flying in from VA, OH and CO so we're renting a van too.  We're renting from Budget.  Who did you use?  I'm also curious about the reason why you used Uber instead of the rental company shuttle.  Did you use Uber to pick up the rental after the cruise?

Appreciate your insight!

We ate in the Sapphire Dining Room. Then DH and I walked all the way around promenade on the outside of Deck 5. I liDake this feature. We met up with my dad and my sister and her family to watch Clue. I had my first mocha chocolate getaway. I stayed with Dad and DH after the show as they played Bingo. Then my sister and her family came back and we watched the Welcome Aboard Show with cruise director Donkey. 

h6BZrLc5Io5XFDE54QHDLWarOxWWU1b_BeTYFPOt

RdrJICyLG45oHTk1h0lTHifOKHKVvRqFWTqJblBY

amNh9pYWxXhT_Dbg5hjH9cdl-qN-fCgz9B9iPnoh

vP9Q7E_ta8Ga4stF93mK7OuZ6o87fi69ISAxGq8i

I2vZ3NzhgdHBsd5g5YTWyJrQ1vBmWsWbXLqkJXtR

RTyVLyoNUdwrYzN8TOb8m-BEkMrhOqZ7HHYVx_TV

10 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

Great start!  Thanks for writing this review and sharing your experience with us. 

We're going on our first family cruise on the Breeze in Dec.  We live in Jax and our families are flying in from VA, OH and CO so we're renting a van too.  We're renting from Budget.  Who did you use?  I'm also curious about the reason why you used Uber instead of the rental company shuttle.  Did you use Uber to pick up the rental after the cruise?

Appreciate your insight!

We rented from Avis if I remember correctly (DH took care of that part of the vacation planning). Oh and we went out of Port Canaveral. Not sure if I made that clear. Unfortunately, all the flights to MCO were super expensive, so we drove up to JAX to pick up our family. We returned the van to the Avis in Cocoa Beach and called an Uber to take us back to the port because we are impatient. Lol! We wanted to get back to the ship right away! AFTER the cruise, we did catch the shuttle to get to the rental car facility.

Edited by lovestocruise19
clarity

My sister and her family were at my door in the morning. I told them I was going to shower and then head to Lido to catch up with them for breakfast. DH found us later, too. We then went to drop my youngest niece off at Camp Ocean. We tried to drop my older niece off at Circle C, but it wasn't open util noon. DH and my sister's hubby left to hang out while my sister, my older niece and I  went to "Creativity at Sea." My sister and I made lanyards and my niece made a lei. My mom came in to say hi. She had been at the spa. 

We had lunch on Lido and DH and I went to the arcade with my sister and her family.

We got towel animals in the morning, which I thought was weird.

AFyiTUj_6DXJoClSi_vgZt_djtDcKTUcURBmztlw

R0wBYkDt0FmAyiK5kWZamNLAKSN7JLkSv8tFogkM

X3SN32xHYN4Hf7khO3GAy5NdxpIwuJHe8iSpCPe-

v4fvxC_h27t7vNxaH_utOdx0ZpReSSmbS7PWhwOU

kmo_WiDNQBvvaEt6QGT0qJn_qK8tBtqtDI7_kCrY

In this picture you can see a part of the lanyard I made. If you look really close, you can also see that my earrings matched my dessert! 

REN6MS-hJdNWxqZHoOb79QdTzCd6iln3aLXzpe1T

We met Mom and her friend (Mom and Dad invited a couple they knew to cruise with us) at Tea Time in the aft dining room. DH went back to the room to do his second favorite activity while cruising: taking a nap!

On06uNtpZ-1gxPVdBxJEvEdOEGdKGfxpSfq1iFKc

3H7fj_fsK_4rEm0JFDVnIAokdzqsgvTpMK3we2Bh

eHCZAsVm--7HSCfkgtlqLEDQoSg83jHNaooHMuhh

_pV8BOYoCzx-Iyge913fl-i5JXrbF0ARQCT7javw

OrMYKvoOZmkeWXtk3IYnpviSMkoLw5_iU5re9JcV

Gghr1sAAJgRPkXwcQO4sUMkHw4UzJqDfJeUrG9wo

We brought the kids back to their room and then we all got ready for elegant night. I proceeded to burn my ring finger with my curling iron before my sister took over. We took photos at different backdrops and got a buzzer for dinner. My dad suggested I put butter on my burn and gosh be darned it worked! Mom watched the kids after dinner while my sister, brother-in-law, DH and Dad went to the comedy club. It was packed and we got seats that were around the corner from the stage where you have to watch from a TV screen. I bought Dad a mocha chocolate getaway. After that, Dad left and my sister, brother-in-law, DH and I went to the Ovation Theater to watch 88 Keys. After about five minutes where we realized he wasn't even playing the piano, we left. The song he happened to be singing as we left was "Hit the Road Jack." Lol! We went back to our rooms for a bit and then DH and I went to Lido for late night cookies and pizza. 

KCWd0xI7hj7aEpJtMjgxmmXcVOd9BTEyInVH9tsW

J4KhEAisMW4_HU_XFeUZCFXTXLdMfZsN02QvKBae

D9ZPKu0FURhODl-d_AyED9ABVmuEGF389LtkUO7b

YWRdiqjr5aGZVUeT4sfKYLaZOfxn3aqu4PBpVrpg

spelling

Cozumel Day

I got up around 7:30 a.m., got dressed and went to the secret deck where I met Dad. We watched the ship pull in and tie off to the pier. Then I went to breakfast. On the way back from breakfast, my sister and her family were leaving their room for breakfast before their dolphin swim excursion. A little while later, DH, mom, her friend and I got off the ship to shop. We ran into my sister and her family at the end of the gangway. Mom and her friend were in the first shop and DH waited and waited for them to come out, but didn't see them so we just went off and shopped together. We ended up spotting them in a different shop. I got vanilla and magnets for my coworkers.

dGzUmUZkIoTRHvUIQjGoUchM-WiWW2ft_dXEZ2Z6

L0jNOP-outjONu4fr8vpckh3OPSqAwRmDc1Hze1E

5d66bc1zkLqhKDdhjJao15qOhAhmRn4MyLJPaMC1

BvshwuSrHGMzQl37_MgPAazYUIiBUqb4UlUdOf87

tYyy04Erf04B-K2Wzl1WxKI7K61HfWBNwJyDqKID

ebCWsRzU2wUQP1zHyXUzKxIO5Tx0dP3ZcBzLfIPz

spelling