RedneckBob gets "burned" in Alaska

RedneckBob

Who would have thunk it !

Just off Ruby Princess to Alaska and got a great sun tan ! How did I do it ?

Simple, between April 27 & April 30 we visited Ketchacan, Juneau, Shagway and Glacier Bay; no clouds, no snow, no rain, no hail, just cloudless blue skies. That was a first.

And our final Victoria, ho hum, clear skies. Well since this happens every cruise I will be back. Ha

• Haha 1

So I guess Princess knew what it was doing by starting April cruises in Alaska.  Good to hear you had such great weather.  The earliest we've been there was in mid-May and it was plenty warm, especially when I roamed around on Mt. Roberts where there's no shade!  But I was eye level with the eagles and had great views.

Our first cruise to Alaska (September 2011) we had tee shirt weather in every port. Our second cruise to Alaska (July 2016)  was a 13 day cruise tour. Tee shirt weather on the land portion and in every port. Next we took a 7 week camping trip that took us up to Fairbanks and were in Alaska (August 2017) for several weeks. It rained a fair amount but was never actually cold. We're headed back for a 15 day cruise tour - flying out May 17. Hoping for a repeat of the weather.

• Like 1

Our worst Alaskan weather so far was in late August, lots of fog.  

The other three were in late June early July and good weather except for one day of rain or sleet on two of them. 

On our last cruise tour I bought a lightweight sweatshirt in Talkeetna for use in Glacier Bay. Each time that has been the cold spot - for obvious reasons.

Edited by Thrak