Deck 11 Aqua cabins noise issues?

Gracie115

We have stayed in one of the deck 11 Aqua Cabins on Connie before they added the movie screens on the deck above.  We are considering one on the port side for an upcoming cruise on Millie.  Wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these and if so if there were any noise issues from the movies being shown on the deck above. Thanks for any help....

20 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were on the Millennium for 28 nights last fall in one of the aft Aqua staterooms with the oversized balconies.  We rarely heard any noise from above, and it was not an issue.

We have stayed a couple of times in the AFT cabins on deck 11 on the Summit and occasionnally heard the movie during the day if i sat outside - not enough to bother me.  At night I never heard anything from the movies.  We did enjoy hearing the entertainer that played at the Sunset Lounge area when we sat on the balcony at night.

21 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were on the Millennium for 28 nights last fall in one of the aft Aqua staterooms with the oversized balconies.  We rarely heard any noise from above, and it was not an issue.

I think that may have been before the refurbishment and the rooftop terrace started showing movies. 

Just got off Summit in Acqua 1130.   No noise heard from above.   While on balcony one could hear conversation from the aft outdoor buffet seating area during meal times.    Not bothersome to me.  Also could not see anyone from the balcony on deck 12 but if you stand at the railing of the balcony you could see people on 10.  Never saw anyone looking up however.  I have not sailed Celebrity before so cannot comment on anything before my cruise.   I did not find the "slats" on 10 offensive, I thought it gave a better view of the water than the canopy that I have read many negative comments about.  Plsn to write a review soon.

2 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

I think that may have been before the refurbishment and the rooftop terrace started showing movies. 

No -- you are incorrect.  When we stayed in Aqua 1141 last fall ( on the Millennium) the rooftop terrace and movies had been installed.  Movies were played daily.  My birdwatching husband spends a great amount of time on our balconies.  Neither of us heard much noise from the rooftop terrace movies.  The only time we heard noise from any of the movies was when the children's Disney movie "CoCo" was played, and then we could hear some of the singing, but not the dialog.  And since we were on for a B2B (28 nights) if the noise had been an issue we would have noticed.  Hope this helps.

28 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

No -- you are incorrect.  When we stayed in Aqua 1141 last fall ( on the Millennium) the rooftop terrace and movies had been installed.  Movies were played daily.  My birdwatching husband spends a great amount of time on our balconies.  Neither of us heard much noise from the rooftop terrace movies.  The only time we heard noise from any of the movies was when the children's Disney movie "CoCo" was played, and then we could hear some of the singing, but not the dialog.  And since we were on for a B2B (28 nights) if the noise had been an issue we would have noticed.  Hope this helps.

My apologies. I incorrectly assumed  movie shows were a part of the refurbishment that took place earlier this year. 

1141 is in a great spot - wish it was available for our trip! 

Seems to be that the noise is determined by the location of the speakers. In another thread currently running on CC, cabin 1101 was badly affected. The speakers were on the balcony on top of this cabin. After complaints they were placed elsewhere, but only to revert to their original position on a number of occasions.

We’re on the Portside down from there, but may consider a move to another cabin if one opens up elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

My apologies. I incorrectly assumed  movie shows were a part of the refurbishment that took place earlier this year. 

1141 is in a great spot - wish it was available for our trip! 

Seems to be that the noise is determined by the location of the speakers. In another thread currently running on CC, cabin 1101 was badly affected. The speakers were on the balcony on top of this cabin. After complaints they were placed elsewhere, but only to revert to their original position on a number of occasions.

We’re on the Portside down from there, but may consider a move to another cabin if one opens up elsewhere. 

Please don't apologize!  I don't know when those movie screens were installed on the Millennium, but they definitely were there when we boarded in September, 2018.  We were on the Millennium in 2017 too, and I don't remember if they were there or not, but we weren't on deck 11.

I also should have added that when only one movie was shown when we heard any noise while on the balcony, and that was that children's Disney movie.  They were showing an action-thriller type of movie (I don't remember the title at all), and that is when I would have expected noise.  

Gracie, in the end I contacted Celebrity and they confirmed that they  do receive complaints about noise from the movies affecting these staterooms. 

The helpful suggestion was,  if you want to enjoy your balcony in peace and quiet, then these may not be the staterooms for you. We have moved to another deck.

29 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

Gracie, in the end I contacted Celebrity and they confirmed that they  do receive complaints about noise from the movies affecting these staterooms. 

The helpful suggestion was,  if you want to enjoy your balcony in peace and quiet, then these may not be the staterooms for you. We have moved to another deck.

Thanks for letting me know.

I've booked cabin 1103 for Southbound Alaska trip because I thought the views would be great from the balcony.

Now I'm undecided because of the noise issue.  In Alaska you are on your balcony a lot though with the wind you might not hear the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed in AquaClass 3 times and have never experienced any noise.... but avoid the cabins under the deck overhang.  They drip water every time deck 12 is mopped and the view is often obstructed by those support braces.  Some people say that a Deck 11 cabin over the gym can be noisy.  We like forward cabins and have been over the gym twice with no noise.  But if you like a forward cabin and are worried about it, get a cabin over the spa instead of the gym.

Last cruise we were on we were in a Deck 6 forward cabin and we did experience some noise from the theatre in the afternoon during rehearsals.  I suppose also in the evening but we weren't in our cabin in the evening.  Still, the noise wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay in a Deck 6 Forward cabin again.  But if you want no noise at all, that location is not for you.