Miracle Dry Dock 2020

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

A picture update as of 2/17/2020

thanks for the pictures. If you get anymore, please pass them along as we’re on the first Cruise after dry dock so am interested to see the progress and what they are working on. In the lido deck picture it appears that the hot tub has been completely removed. 

Courtesy of @leneduplessis 

Super excited! I am thinking of booking an April sailing out of SF. It's my closest port and I have always wanted to sail in and out of SF so it seems like the perfect trip. Not super excited about paying double occupancy so I am hoping for a bit more of a price drop! 

Hoping to get some solid posts once she is out of dry dock. I am new to CCL so I have been trying to read other reviews of sister ships to get a feel for what she may look like when she is back in service! 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, Buckimion said:

Going Hawaii in February 2021...got a LOOOOONNNGGGG way to go. 😲

We booked Hawaii too! First time on Carnival, hoping we made the right choice as we are not party people 

2 hours ago, Gravedigger said:

Sorry to hear no outside movies but now I can have my breakfast burritos.

I was hoping for outside movies too, but I just got off two weeks on the Panorama and didn't go to one Dive-In movie, lol.  There were even a couple I wanted to see, but we were having so much fun doing other things, watching a movie dropped down on our priority list.  And I ate a lot of burritos, breakfast and otherwise.  

2 hours ago, tlm48 said:

We booked Hawaii too! First time on Carnival, hoping we made the right choice as we are not party people 

Carnival is very much a "where" & "when" type cruise line, but not unlike NCL, or RCCL. Go on a 7 day during the summer or school holiday week and there will be a ton of kids and younger adults. Go on a 3, 4, or 5 day cruise and you are likely to run into plenty of "party people". Go during the college Spring Break periods and you will definitely have an adventure, but you may not like it so much.

A 15 day Hawaii cruise will most likely be people who can afford to take 2+ straight weeks of vacation. As well as plenty of retirees or near retirees. There should also be a pretty large contingent of Platinum and Diamond level Carnival loyalists. It should be a great cruise.

• Like 3

If they are doing the cable work for the big screen, I wonder how long it will be before the actual screen is installed.  We have sailed Miracle to Hawaii & loved the layout & crew.  So I will still enjoy it w/o the big screen.  Looking forward to Guys & Blue Iguana.  

10 hours ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Is there a site to see work in progress?

If you go to Instagram and follow the user quoted above you will see her pictures. I used that and some of the hashtags and geo tag to find a few more pictures but nothing worth while to post. I know that all may have sounded confusing to some so just know if I find anything worthy of posting I will do it here 😄 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

If you go to Instagram and follow the user quoted above you will see her pictures. I used that and some of the hashtags and geo tag to find a few more pictures but nothing worth while to post. I know that all may have sounded confusing to some so just know if I find anything worthy of posting I will do it here 😄 

Thanks. I'm following a few tags on IG to see if more photos show up. I'm in another group that is sailing in Miracle in a few months and is anxious to see work being done.

Wow!!!

what a surprise.

we are booked on the May 1 selling out of San Francisco. Not the greatest itinerary but I always dreamed of sailing out of San Francisco. This will be our first cruise in three years but our 10th cruise altogether on Carnival. And because it is our first cruise in a couple of years I really haven’t been paying attention to cruise critic which used to be almost like a Bible to me.

So lo and behold, here I am just perusing through different threads and come to find out that the Miracle is in drydock even as we speak.

Totally unexpected!!!

And I’ve had three price drops where I now actually have over $500 in cabin credit.

So this is now the icing on the cake. Again, not a great itinerary, but I love cruising and everything is falling into place for us.
Hello Guy’s burgers. We’re going to become very good friends! 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, amcankid said:

Wow!!!

what a surprise.

we are booked on the May 1 selling out of San Francisco. Not the greatest itinerary but I always dreamed of sailing out of San Francisco. This will be our first cruise in three years but our 10th cruise altogether on Carnival. And because it is our first cruise in a couple of years I really haven’t been paying attention to cruise critic which used to be almost like a Bible to me.

So lo and behold, here I am just perusing through different threads and come to find out that the Miracle is in drydock even as we speak.

Totally unexpected!!!

And I’ve had three price drops where I now actually have over $500 in cabin credit.

So this is now the icing on the cake. Again, not a great itinerary, but I love cruising and everything is falling into place for us.
Hello Guy’s burgers. We’re going to become very good friends! 

I’m also sailing out of SF (but in April), it’s always been a bucket list thing for me and I don’t need to pay for airfare! 

I’ve never cruise Carnival so I’ve also been looking for any input! Can’t wait until the first post dry dock so we can see the updates! I haven’t been able to find anything too exciting online yet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the 15 Day Hawaii Cruise. I was on this ship back 2010 when we did 2 B2B 7 day cruises. It will be nice to see how it looks after all this time. My husband is very happy Guy's burger has been added.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gatime said:

We are booked on the 15 Day Hawaii Cruise. I was on this ship back 2010 when we did 2 B2B 7 day cruises. It will be nice to see how it looks after all this time. My husband is very happy Guy's burger has been added.  

I’m also very happy about Guy’s burgers. 

FB80922D-2AA7-4767-9171-68B231654564.jpeg

• Haha 2

On board now. Looks like new carpet in cabin and a lot of the public areas. No other changes in the cabin. Most public areas have either new or reupholstered furniture. New Waterworks, Guys Burgers , Blue Iguana Cantina, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar.

Haven't seen any other changes yet but only been on board for a couple hours  

08A59662-FAFD-44E9-A50D-67776D8A8047.jpeg

C4C31CFB-90EC-481E-8EFD-7BAE9F9B7641.jpeg

67DFE47B-F0AC-4E8E-8BDA-37EAF95D2BBA.jpeg

CCA38F7C-9D06-45C3-ADAE-5E6411EB4EE7.jpeg

58D0089C-A3DB-48C8-AAD3-B906DD8FC6E1.jpeg

B0FEAEBB-1A42-4D0F-82E8-499C41C1D56F.jpeg

A239FA0C-3224-482B-87BA-8914E43AC768.jpeg

E986E40F-45A1-4F26-AB8B-9A4E1D48E060.jpeg

8F4698A6-E27E-4800-ADD0-4ED9C285B19A.jpeg

FD3A35D1-F7F7-4D34-A77A-04C62EB847F2.jpeg

11AEBABB-D87D-46A0-9001-CAE92D483036.jpeg