FOS 1/12/20 Sailing Cancelled

Just received an email from our TA that the second half of our B2B on FOS is cancelled. She was scheduled to go to dry dock immediately after the 1/12 itinerary but due to the damage at the shipyard in the Bahamas she now will be headed to Cadiz, Spain for dry dock.

We were given options of FOS for 3/15 or 3/29, VOS for 1/11, 1/18, 1/25 or 2/1 with $200 OBC for our Balcony stateroom OR re-booking on any other RCI sailing with the same OBC, or full refund for cancellation.

It's unfortunate since this was going to be our first B2B. I will ask our TA to see if RCI would be willing to re-book both parts of the B2B for March of 2020.

Bummer😩 This was the second week of our B2B.  Prepaid non airfare (from Norway) and rent of an apartment in SJ on Isla Verde one week per-cruise and one week after😏 Will check if we can jump ship to Vision. But like Freedom class more 😉

Sorry to hear about the prepaid airfare and apartment rental. For once my procrastination paid off and we had not booked airfare or hotels on San Juan.

All is well, we are now re-booked for a B2B for March 8 and March 15 on the newly refurbished FOS.

5 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Uh Oh. We're booked on the 3/8 itinerary. I hope the new dry dock location does not affect our cruise.

looks like 3/8 is okay based on above

Edited by karena1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

looks like 3/8 is okay based on above

I don't see the 3/1 sailing available anymore either. I wonder if they have cancelled that one also. The 3/8 sailing was originally the second one after refurb. It looks like it might be the first now. Has anyone that was booked on the 3/1 sailing heard anything from RCI?

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't see the 3/1 sailing available anymore either. I wonder if they have cancelled that one also. The 3/8 sailing was originally the second one after refurb. It looks like it might be the first now. Has anyone that was booked on the 3/1 sailing heard anything from RCI?

The 3/1 Freedom sailing has been cancelled as well. Desert Cruiser posted on our roll call for another sailing. 

We were booked in a Panoramic Ocean View Family Suite.  There are only two on the Freedom and neither are available on the alternate dates given to us.  Does anyone know if they will upgrade us to the next level (Grand Suite) and still protect our pricing?  It is almost impossible to get one of those cabins unless you book really early.  The Vision does not have this category of cabin at all.  They did NOT offer us our same itinerary,  alternates only.  Very frustrating.

13 minutes ago, beachluver9 said:

We were booked in a Panoramic Ocean View Family Suite.  There are only two on the Freedom and neither are available on the alternate dates given to us.  Does anyone know if they will upgrade us to the next level (Grand Suite) and still protect our pricing?  It is almost impossible to get one of those cabins unless you book really early.  The Vision does not have this category of cabin at all.  They did NOT offer us our same itinerary,  alternates only.  Very frustrating.

Sorry to hear you will not be getting the Panoramic Ocean View Family Suite.  We had both of them on the Freedom shortly after they were added in the previous drydock before they reclassified them to "suites".  The are great cabins.  Hopefully you will be able to get in one of them eventually.

8 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

Usually they will not upgrade for the price-protection sailing if the category is not available

Got my upgrade!  Same ship, different month, different itinerary (still southern Caribbeanthough), but we have a plan.  Now I can relax and start thinking about rescheduling flights. Many thanks to CruCon for fighting the battle for us and to RCCL for taking care of a long time customer!

Very happy!

22 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You're worried about a cruise almost 2 months later?

We were on the 3/1/20 itinerary and this cruise was just cancelled as well, so the 3/8/20 will be the first cruise with the new amped up Freedom OTS unless it gets extended again.