Ironing on the Volendam

Nicci1

HAL's website shows no self-serve launderette on Volendam, and that matches reports on CC. You can have items pressed by the ship's laundry... the per-item prices are about that of land-based cleaners, maybe less. As far as laundry+pressing, by-the-bag is $30 right now and it's a pretty big bag! 

36 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

As far as laundry+pressing, by-the-bag is $30 right now and it's a pretty big bag! 

I don’t call it a big bag 😉. But I’m not a good roller. 😉   But even I can get a fair bit in it 😉

Curious though at the price you gave.  that’s usual for Europe and a few other exotic ports but for the regular Caribbean and North American cruises, it’s been $20 per bag.  Has it gone up for the usual cruises?

Downy Wrinkle Release works nicely.

I used it on a Celebrity cruise last Summer and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Even wrinkles in DH’s dress pants and shirts came out with the product.

We usually sail Princess and have used their laundry rooms for ironing touch -ups.

But, I plan to pack the DWR from now on regardless of what cruiseline  we choose.

12 hours ago, kazu said:

I don’t call it a big bag 😉. But I’m not a good roller. 😉   But even I can get a fair bit in it 😉

Curious though at the price you gave.  that’s usual for Europe and a few other exotic ports but for the regular Caribbean and North American cruises, it’s been $20 per bag.  Has it gone up for the usual cruises?

In 2018 on the Koningsdam (Europe cruise)  the price for the big bag was US$ 30; If I remember well, a week later on the Rotterdam(Europe) the price was still US$ 20,= This spring on the m.s. Maasdam (Far East): US$ 20,= as I can see from the flyer.  As **** we donot "keep track" anymore 🙂 

Edited by MAVIP
completed with "Europe" and "Far East"

Ah, Kazu, you are almost certainly right. This was a FLL>>CPH transAtlantic so with one end in Europe, they doubtless applied the Europe rate. 

The price-by-the-piece for what I got in the bag (mostly socks/underwear/nightclothes) would have been $93.50!

Been a long time since I was on the Volendam. They were with us in HMC last month. 

Just wanted to comment that you can get a travel size Downey Wrinkle Releaser at your grocery store. With a little practice you can get very good results. I bring mine on every cruise. If you only need a touch up that's the best way to go. When we were on the Koningsdam last month the laundry department was somewhat lacking. On the clothes that came back wrinkled, I used the wrinkle release, and they looked much better.

A side note... I don't particularly care for the smell of their laundry detergent. I also bring a bottle of generic febreze (Dollartree) that I use on the clothes, sheets, pillows, comforters, carpet, beach towels... But I will never complain about free laundry!