Excursions available early

Sunbedsue

Hi 

we are booked on Arcadia sailing 16 Sept for Canada.  It is 18 weeks before we sail, the balance isn’t due for another 4 weeks yet all the excursions are available on cruise personaliser to book.  Is this normal or are they exceptionally early and what is the likelihood of further excursions becoming available nearer the time.

They often go on sale early. I'd guess it's unlikely that they'll add completely new extra excursions nearer the time, although they sometimes add extra capacity to popular tours (e.g. if a morning excursion looks like selling out they might repeat it in the afternoon). If in doubt, double check the terms and conditions but you can usually cancel excursions up to a few days before you sail and still get a full refund!

Ours were released very early this year. In fact all booked and paid for and only received the booklet yesterday.

There are a couple of new ones and a lot of extras for existing trips (we are going to the fjords).

If there are any you really want to do I would book early. It's very easy to change your mind later.

Edited by happy v

On 5/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, HappyGiraffe said:

I'd guess it's unlikely that they'll add completely new extra excursions nearer the time

I take this back, just had several new (fjords) excursions added to the cruise personaliser with 6-8 weeks to go! Apologies, not come across that before but maybe it's more common than I thought!

Hi Slugsta

Have joined roll call.  Only looked at excursions early as our last cruise to the Northern Lights in February had all the excursions available from October.

4 months to go now

10 hours ago, HappyGiraffe said:

I take this back, just had several new (fjords) excursions added to the cruise personaliser with 6-8 weeks to go! Apologies, not come across that before but maybe it's more common than I thought!

After reading this I checked ours. Lots of new excursions.

I wonder if this is because originals are nearly full. Or if they are getting ready for Iona next year and trying out new trips to see how popular they are.