best distillery tour on a brittish isles cruise???

dimiegirl

Hello! We are going on a 12 night Brittish isles cruise in august and I am very interested in participating in a distillery tour. They seem to be available in several ports but we just want to visit 1 so we would like it to be a highly rated , top qualityΒ one. If anyone who has been on a distillery tour in on a brittish isles cruise can recommend one (we will be visiting cobh dublinΒ and belfast ireland,and Β invergordon, edinburgh, and kirkwall in scotland. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Β 

Lisa

Thank you for your suggestion.Β i have checked tripadvisor but there are so many I was hoping to hear from people who did one during a brittish isle cruise so I would know which would be the better to pick.

Which distillery toursΒ are offered on cruise tours? Β I've visited at least 30 distilleries over the years so have seen a few!

Β 

If Highland Park is an option in Kirkwall it would be my choice. Β Never been, but it is one of my favourite drams!

Β 

All whisky is made in the same way, so the tours are very similar. Β Some allow you to visit the bonded warehouses to see the 'sleeping' whisky, others lock it away never to be seen until the casks leave after a few years.Β  Some have bottling plants, some on site cooperage.

Β 

Most have a 'quiet' season, often in July/August when they shut down production for maintenance and staff holidays, but tours continue.

Β 

I was in Speyside last summer snd we did four tours, only one was actually producing on the day.

Thinking a little differently- we thoroughly enjoyed ourΒ visit to the Old Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland. It’s easily doable from Belfast and very close to Giant’s Causeway, Carrick a Rede, etc.