Royal Princess Passengers Involved in Plane Crash

idahospud

On 5/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, idahospud said:

We are staying on for the next cruise so we didn't get off the ship. We enjoyed our private yacht day instead. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. 

We got off at 8am and didn’t see any media.

Edited by Idahoan58

Another update on the latest crash - the passenger was a young epidemiologist working with the Native population on her first float plane flight. Just incredibly sad!  Taquan Air has suspended all flights of any nature now as well it should.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Float-plane-crash-reported-near-Metlakatla-Coast-Guard-responding-510192071.html

What a terrible thing to say when he's been a pilot with them for years and we all loved him. Does that mean if you are in an accident; you should get better driving skills? Anyone can have an accident. Have some compassion for his loved one and the excellent company he worked for. 

3 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Another Taquan Air float plane crashed yesterday afternoon killing the pilot and one passenger. 

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2019/05/21/coast-guard-taquan-air-flight-with-two-aboard-crashes-in-southeast/

Just reading old posts now; how terrible; my sincere sympathy to the family and company.

1 hour ago, burrma said:

What a terrible thing to say when he's been a pilot with them for years and we all loved him. Does that mean if you are in an accident; you should get better driving skills? Anyone can have an accident. Have some compassion for his loved one and the excellent company he worked for. 

This company has had two crashes in a matter of several weeks. Two different pilots. One ok, two something needs to be investigated. I certainly am sorry and feel bad for the families. I’m sure the pilot you knew was a great person and a good pilot. I am not saying it was his fault. The faa will make a determination which could take some time.  I would not risk my family with this air carrier. 

Edited by oskidunker
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, oskidunker said:

This company has had two crashes in a matter of several weeks. Two different pilots. One ok, two something needs to be investigated. I certainly am sorry and feel bad for the families. I’m sure the pilot you knew was a great person and a good pilot. I am not saying it was his fault. The faa will make a determination which could take some time.  I would not risk my family with this air carrier. 

I agree about being cautious.  I am going to give it time.  I am not planning any float plane trips, soon.  But, I must say, having flown with Taquan Air, two different times, they were great.  They have a nice facility, where they do a safety briefing.  Both pilots I had were kind, considerate, cautious, conservative in flying maneuvers, and just first rate in every way.

i am so sorry for all.

Unfortunately accidents happen in air travel.  Taquan Air is experiencing some rough waters for sure.  The NTSB and other government agencies will investigate what caused both crashes so we need to remain patient while they determine the causes and if anyone is to be held accountable.  It is good that Taquan Air has suspended all operations until the investigation is completed demonstrating their accountability.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Unfortunately accidents happen in air travel.  Taquan Air is experiencing some rough waters for sure.  The NTSB and other government agencies will investigate what caused both crashes so we need to remain patient while they determine the causes and if anyone is to be held accountable.  It is good that Taquan Air has suspended all operations until the investigation is completed demonstrating their accountability.  

Just read a news story this morning that the Taquan pilot said he had descended and maneuvered to show his passengers a waterfall, then saw a flash of light on the right side which was the other plane.  So tragic. 

Edited by sunsetbeachgal