Another dress code question

marcc

30 minutes ago, Welshtyke said:

Its our first ever cruise in July for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary.  I am looking forward to formal nights and dressing up generally, but I do not do black ever since my mother back in 2015 I stopped because I find heavy and it really doesn't my mood.  That being said I do want to wear my bow ties, suit and waist coat that all feature a bit of colour.

Welcome to the world of cruising and congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary.🥂

Yes, you will be fine wearing a suit.

Enjoy your formal nights and have a great cruise.😊

5 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Welcome to the world of cruising and congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary.🥂

Many thanks P-L-B for that,  like I say I don't like black, but I do want to dress up but I only wear lighter shades AKA wedding atire.  Also got my ascot ties lined up. 😊😊

53 minutes ago, Welshtyke said:

Its our first ever cruise in July for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary.  I am looking forward to formal nights and dressing up generally, but I do not do black ever since my mother back in 2015 I stopped because I find heavy and it really doesn't my mood.  That being said I do want to wear my bow ties, suit and waist coat that all feature a bit of colour.

An alternative would be to buy a white tuxedo

17 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

A stylish alternative would be to buy a white tuxedo or (if you feel that you could carry it off) one of those fancy coloured ones they sell in Moss Bros nowadays and wear it with plain black trousers and a bow tie of your choice.

Edited by Denarius
Expanded to include two quotes

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

An alternative would be to buy a white tuxedo

A stylish alternative would be to buy a white tuxedo or (if you feel that you could carry it off) one of those fancy coloured ones they sell in Moss Bros nowadays and wear it with plain black trousers and a bow tie of your choice.

Although I will be packing the full black tux, I will be bringing this too, which is similar to what you describe. This was worn on a line which does not have a formal dress suggestion. 

92F21B99-409E-4ADA-988B-CA12124DCE71.jpeg

FDABB83D-6369-4351-BCCF-47F62568D451.jpeg

A7DBF64F-35BF-45B4-BBB4-F4A371848CFF.jpeg

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Although I will be packing the full black tux, I will be bringing this too, which is similar to what you describe. This was worn on a line which does not have a formal dress suggestion. 

92F21B99-409E-4ADA-988B-CA12124DCE71.jpeg

FDABB83D-6369-4351-BCCF-47F62568D451.jpeg

A7DBF64F-35BF-45B4-BBB4-F4A371848CFF.jpeg

I looked at a jacket like that but unfortunately gravity had taken hold and was not able to find one my size.

• Thanks 1