coffee card on back to back

rickadoo

Friends and tablemates on a b2b of the Royal on 4-27 and 5-4 reported that their unused coffee packages from the 4-27 cruise carried over to their 5-4 cruise.  I hope that holds true on any Princess ship, but one never knows.

I have always had my folio carried over from one cruise to the next on a B2B where we stayed in the same cabin on both.  On all B2B so far except one I have used the same cruise card that covered both cruises.  Maybe the coffee "card" will follow. 

If you booked it as a 14 day cruise, as opposed to two 7 day cruises, I would argue with Princess if it doesn't carry over. From your point of view, you purchased a 14 day cruise from them, so anything they sell for "the entire cruise" should apply to the entire 14 days. Note: Some packages are sold on a per-day basis, so you would know how much you are paying.

19 hours ago, richmke said:

If you booked it as a 14 day cruise, as opposed to two 7 day cruises, I would argue with Princess if it doesn't carry over. From your point of view, you purchased a 14 day cruise from them, so anything they sell for "the entire cruise" should apply to the entire 14 days. Note: Some packages are sold on a per-day basis, so you would know how much you are paying.

Good point, especially if Princess does not give you a second minibar set up to trade for a coffee package on the back end of your 14 day cruise.

I suspect some cruisers would want to trade in their minibar set up for two coffee packages (good for 14 days) and then keep a second minibar set up.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, rickadoo said:

Does anyone know if we can use the same card or do we need to buy a second one on the trip back? Thanks

On our cruise in Jan 2019 we booked as a 14 day and my coffee card carried over for full cruise

On 5/14/2019 at 6:58 AM, beckntom said:

Friends and tablemates on a b2b of the Royal on 4-27 and 5-4 reported that their unused coffee packages from the 4-27 cruise carried over to their 5-4 cruise.  I hope that holds true on any Princess ship, but one never knows.

That was our experience on those B2B 7-day cruises but before purchasing the coffee program we confirmed with a barista that it would carryover to the 2nd cruise.  She recommended going to the PSD near the end of the 1st cruise to reconfirm it would continue on the 2nd cruise which it did for us.

Also the 7 bottle wine package we purchased on the 1st cruise was valid on the 2nd cruise.  If not we could get all bottles before the end of the 1st cruise & carry them to the dining room because they were purchased from Princess.

I know that you’re aware that these cruises could not be booked as a single 14 day cruise but since that’s often asked have added it here.  Although as you wrote, hopefully this will be the standard fleetwide & not another example of Princess being consistently inconsistent.

58 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was our experience on those B2B 7-day cruises but before purchasing the coffee program we confirmed with a barista that it would carryover to the 2nd cruise.  She recommended going to the PSD near the end of the 1st cruise to reconfirm it would continue on the 2nd cruise which it did for us.

Also the 7 bottle wine package we purchased on the 1st cruise was valid on the 2nd cruise.  If not we could get all bottles before the end of the 1st cruise & carry them to the dining room because they were purchased from Princess.

I know that you’re aware that these cruises could not be booked as a single 14 day cruise but since that’s often asked have added it here.  Although as you wrote, hopefully this will be the standard fleetwide & not another example of Princess being consistently inconsistent.

Good to hear from you, Frank.  I hope you are enjoying the continuation of your holiday.