Laundry Room??

debkaysmith

27 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

In my 'stuff-a-bag' laundry situations, I have been known to 'reinforce' the seams of said flimsy paper bag with clear plastic packing tape. That way, you can stuff a few more things in, without having it rip. It's also a good way to seal up the top of the bag, when you're finished. What can I say -- some folks swear by duct tape, but plastic packing tape is one of my 'must-pack' items (and, I've used it for a lot of different things!)😄

Ahh an alternative to duct tape....thank you . My husband will be sooo confused.

• Haha 1

if you are cruising in summer where there is warmer weather you can wash out your 'smalls' in the bathroom sink and hang then to dry in the shower or as we did - over the chairs on the balcony.... we had some plastic looped clips / pegs that would loop over the bar on the back of the balcony chairs.

This was on a 12 night cruise

Actually, depending on the location of your balcony and how visible it is from your neighbor’s you might want to not turn the balcony into your personal dryer.  I am speaking from personal experience with having to view Cape Horn around our neighbors “smalls” (the ladies bloomers really weren’t that small!) which they decided to hang on the balcony of their corner suite on the stern of Norwegian Sun. 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Just remember to never leave them out there when you are not in the cabin

we did most days - hanging on the back of the balcony chairs... they were not visible to anyone else except us and our room steward - who probably turned a blind eye to it

• Like 1

We took advantage of the per bag option a few times when it was $25. Per bag.  An alternative to the packing tape is lining the flimsy paper bag with a hotel plastic laundry bag.  It will reinforce and allow you to Roll and stuff more into the bag.   I learned this trick from someone here on Cruisecritic.  Just made Elite, so we are going to be exploring the 20-30 items on our next cruise.  Thanks for that tidbit.