Laundry Room??

debkaysmith

Hey Friends,

We are sailing a B2B next year aboard Celebrity Solstice and searching for self-serve laundry. Anyone out there know if there is do-it-yourself laundry? 

We'll be sailing Aqua Class. Thanks so much for your help!! 

You can send your laundry to the ship's  laundry for a fee. I believe the price list is somewhere on their website  (FAQs?)

Or as many of us do, you can do hand washing in your sink, roll the items in a towel to get rid of excess water,  and hang them in your cabin  (we bring a laundry cord and magnets just for this purpose).

Or do a combination of the 2.

While there is no self serve laundry, take a look at the laundry prices, I find they are fairly reasonable. Doing one or two bags of laundry will not break the bank, especially if you budget for it before hand.

On longer cruises they offer a Fill the Bag for $50.  If you Roll items you can get +/- 25 items.  Wash & fold works well for t-shirts, workout clothes, socks, DH undies, denim shorts.  Add that to some hand laundry in the sink and we only have to send a very items to be dry cleaned or sent to the laundry.

How big is this bag?  We are hoping to return to X this fall for a transpacific after doing most of our cruises on Norwegian where the bag special is under $25 so surprised by the $50 charge. Norwegian’s bag is a paper one and is 12”-15” wide and 20”-25” tall. I can typically roll and stuff (and I mean stuff!) 8 underwear, eight socks, four shorts, and four shirts and a pair of jeans or two in it-all men’s clothes.  

Are Celebrity’s bags larger?

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

How big is this bag?  We are hoping to return to X this fall for a transpacific after doing most of our cruises on Norwegian where the bag special is under $25 so surprised by the $50 charge. Norwegian’s bag is a paper one and is 12”-15” wide and 20”-25” tall. I can typically roll and stuff (and I mean stuff!) 8 underwear, eight socks, four shorts, and four shirts and a pair of jeans or two in it-all men’s clothes.  

Are Celebrity’s bags larger?

I'm pretty certain it's about the same size. I think it's a rip off at $50. And that's a "special" price. I'm Elite so I get a bag for free. Can usually get about the same as what you stated. Remember, the bag doesn't need to close. Also, try double bagging it so you can fit more in without ripping the bag. 

Though I do have to say that I've been disappointed in the quality of the laundry. Almost seems like they don't really use detergent and definitely no fabric softener. I've been tempted to send clothes back a few times. 

If you are elite you are entitled to 25 items and you use as many bands as you want for those items. Just write elite loyalty laundry of each bag..bag 1 of 2.. 2 of 2 ect. This is how we were instructed to do it on our last 3 cruises, all within the last year.

1 hour ago, Paulras said:

I'm pretty certain it's about the same size. I think it's a rip off at $50. And that's a "special" price. I'm Elite so I get a bag for free. Can usually get about the same as what you stated. Remember, the bag doesn't need to close. Also, try double bagging it so you can fit more in without ripping the bag. 

Though I do have to say that I've been disappointed in the quality of the laundry. Almost seems like they don't really use detergent and definitely no fabric softener. I've been tempted to send clothes back a few times. 

Hmmm, will have to rethink our packing plan at that price!  We are Platinum Plus on Norwegian so we get their bag deal for free so was prepared for paying for it this time but not twice as much!😱

Thanks for for the Info!

2 hours ago, Knolmom said:

If you are elite you are entitled to 25 items and you use as many bands as you want for those items. Just write elite loyalty laundry of each bag..bag 1 of 2.. 2 of 2 ect. This is how we were instructed to do it on our last 3 cruises, all within the last year.

Interesting.. I have had a 20 item and a 30 item limit on Celebrity Elite, never a 25

3 hours ago, Knolmom said:

What happens if we write that and we are not Elite?

6 minutes ago, Fixit2010 said:

They can charge but would they  have to prove we entered in to a contract with them for that?.

You must sign and date the laundry slip. That' means you entered into the contract. You're dead in the water!

Oh well looks like its the disposable clothes option.  Buy a load of stuff and bin it before I get back.  Obviously not all my clothes. Seats might be hot in the car. 😀 Also a lot cheaper than $50 and less hassle.

Edited by Fixit2010

EIt is your room steward who actually prepares your clothes for the laundry, marks them and sends them along.They will know if. You are entitled to the discount or not. They will also know whether you are accepting and loading other passengers clothes for laundering.

A new reason to be called to the naughty room!

but seriously, it starts with your room steward who takes your laundry bag.  The stewards know who is due for Elite, Elite Plus, Zenith perks.  They would likely return the bag to you with a polite “I think you filled out the slip in error”

should he or she miss it, the billing department at the laundry would probably catch it.

Can someone clarify? It's a small bag, I can't imagine getting 20 to 30 items in it. Unless maybe 10 to 15 pairs of socks.

I have also read that as much as you can get in the bag without ripping it.

My husband is one of those guys who say to me before every trip "why is this suitcase so heavy?".

How do you do it? I'm at a loss. 

Any hints are appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

Can someone clarify? It's a small bag, I can't imagine getting 20 to 30 items in it. Unless maybe 10 to 15 pairs of socks.

I have also read that as much as you can get in the bag without ripping it.

In my 'stuff-a-bag' laundry situations, I have been known to 'reinforce' the seams of said flimsy paper bag with clear plastic packing tape. That way, you can stuff a few more things in, without having it rip. It's also a good way to seal up the top of the bag, when you're finished. What can I say -- some folks swear by duct tape, but plastic packing tape is one of my 'must-pack' items (and, I've used it for a lot of different things!)😄

• Like 1

We  are Elite + and use one bag  ( 30 items) for undies & white sports socks ( pr = 1 item);   and a second bag for dark clothing/ gym stuff

...We never send  out anything we would miss if it gets lost or ruined,   but never had either happen.

We do delicates and swimsuits in the sink,,,pack lightweight,  quick dry items and air things out for re use whenever possible ..

• Like 1