Regular Coffe/Hot Tea in International Cafe

We've enjoyed the International Cafe on all 3 of our past Princess cruises.However, we've only eaten there at lunch, never for breakfast. We usually go to the MDR for breakfast ( I try to avoid buffet). We have early shore excursions so can't do MDR some mornings on our next cruise. Can we get the no charge regular coffee and tea in IC or do they only serve the up charge specialty coffee and tea? Thanks for any info you can give me.

No "free" coffee or tea at the IC. You either pay per cup, or if you buy the coffee package then you can have unlimited brewed coffee (and I think tea). The breakfast selections are limited, mostly pastries.

Breakfast choices will include pastries, Princess versions of a McMuffin, muesli and a few other premade items.  If you have the coffee card then your regular coffee and tea is included, if not, it can be purchased .

Edited by wheezedr
Correction

IC coffee is so much better than the room service coffee; at $1.50 for a cup, it's not that expensive. It might be worth it if you're at all picky about your coffee.

And you can get it in a to-go cup with a lid.

Edited by meatloafsfan

Have mentioned this a few times, in the hope that someone from Princess HQ will eventually read and pay attention to it.

The equivalent cafes of the International Cafe on Royal Caribbean ships offer self serve coffee and tea at no additional cost..same tea and coffee as buffet with specialities coffees and teas at extra charge !

Seems strange to me that food is available at no additional charge in IC but you need to pay extra for 'ordinary' drinks.

Not everyone wants/ needs speciality offerings !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

Another option would be to get your coffee or tea from the Horizon Court and your food from the International Café. 

...........And let your drink go cold whilst you chase up / down stairs or wait for lifts !!!

If you get your food first, you may as well get it from the buffet in the first place.

On 5/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, Reina del Mar said:

...........And let your drink go cold whilst you chase up / down stairs or wait for lifts !!!

If you get your food first, you may as well get it from the buffet in the first place.

I try not to eat in the buffet since I got norovirus on a Norwegian cruise. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Have mentioned this a few times, in the hope that someone from Princess HQ will eventually read and pay attention to it.

The equivalent cafes of the International Cafe on Royal Caribbean ships offer self serve coffee and tea at no additional cost..same tea and coffee as buffet with specialities coffees and teas at extra charge !

Seems strange to me that food is available at no additional charge in IC but you need to pay extra for 'ordinary' drinks.

Not everyone wants/ needs speciality offerings !

It is a normalcy in many ways to some.

I thin k it is absurd on somer ships which convey a UK way is they charge as in the UK twice EG: Rum and Coca Cola..🤩 on the US Cunard ships they do that too.

2 hours ago, happywhencruising said:

I try not to eat in the buffet since I got norovirus on a Norwegian cruise. 

Dear happywhencruising,

Yes Maam NCL now is as well not at par.

So much in a quality, brew for coffee is the water. What you are used to too. Bacteria content .. minerals ..etc..

Aboard so + so many ships it is a Syrup mix.

Even now for a great cupa coffee and /or tea we bring our own.

One thing on this cruise line they do have a distinct advantage with that Coffee Card.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:53 PM, happywhencruising said:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like we will try room service breakfast on those few mornings that we have early shore excursions.

This is what I do when I have an early morning shore excursion.  It's so much more convenient and less chaotic to have a Room Service Breakfast than to go to the buffet restaurant.