Faster to the Fun SOLD OUT

We're cruising on the Horizon in January, FTTF was available yesterday, I didn't purchase because I got sidetracked. I went to do it today and its sold out and now I feel like an idiot. I had no idea it would sell out so soon! I'll be obsessively stalking the website from now on hoping they open more slots. 

This is my first time being in charge of the booking.  We have previously traveled with a big family groups and my mom always handled all the bookings. Any other advice I should know as a first timer organizing a trip??? 

Its just my husband and I in a cabin in Havanna, the extended balcony.

Keep an eye out periodically, especially just after final payment date is due, since they will know how many diamonds and platinums are sailing with you, and generally put them on sale again at some point after that. But occasionally they will put 1 or 2 up for sale if people cancel their FTTF or their cruise altogether... as you learned, if you see it, grab it!

You have to constantly check the website throughout the day.  I found one available one day at about 5:00 am.  Yes, I was that OCD about checking, as I would always check as soon as I woke up in the morning.

45 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

You have to constantly check the website throughout the day.  I found one available one day at about 5:00 am.  Yes, I was that OCD about checking, as I would always check as soon as I woke up in the morning.

Lol! I bet not as OCD as me! I’d check first thing early in the morning, then about 20x a day until I snagged it! 

I didn't buy it when I first saw it because we are in 2 cabins but after reading so much about it of course I wanted it. Fortunately it came back up around the 40th day before the cruise.  Someone from our FB group noticed it and I dropped everything and bought it.   FYI it was re sold out with a hour or 2. 

Basically if you want it keep checking and if you see it buy it right then.

It was already sold out when we booked our November cruise.  But on Mother's Day morning, waiting for my family to get ready to leave the house, I casually checked and found it was available!  My cruise was still 189 days out...I snagged that right away.  I looked again later and saw that it was "sold out" again pretty quickly.  I got lucky.  But I definitely recommend checking frequently, at least daily!  It can happen!

I sailed on Liberty last month and only booked the cruise 3 weeks prior to sailing date.  I was able to purchase FTTF, and it kept saying there were more than 10 available until the day before embarkation.  There were definitely more than 30 people that purchased it too based on the amount of people sitting in the FTTF waiting area at the port!

I'm cruising on Ecstasy next month, and I booked about 6 weeks out and same thing.  And it's still saying there's more than 10 available today.

1 hour ago, dlphn501 said:

I sailed on Liberty last month and only booked the cruise 3 weeks prior to sailing date.  I was able to purchase FTTF, and it kept saying there were more than 10 available until the day before embarkation.  There were definitely more than 30 people that purchased it too based on the amount of people sitting in the FTTF waiting area at the port!

I'm cruising on Ecstasy next month, and I booked about 6 weeks out and same thing.  And it's still saying there's more than 10 available today.

Liberty is usually 3 or 4 day cruises, and Ecstasy usually 4 & 5.  D&Ps don't cruise those lengths as much as the 6+ day cruises, so that makes more available.

The 3/4/5 day cruises also attract new cruisers a bit more often, and they often do not recognize the (potential) value of FTTF.  These are the factors, IMHO, that may make it more available than other cruises.

19 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Liberty is usually 3 or 4 day cruises, and Ecstasy usually 4 & 5.  D&Ps don't cruise those lengths as much as the 6+ day cruises, so that makes more available.

The 3/4/5 day cruises also attract new cruisers a bit more often, and they often do not recognize the (potential) value of FTTF.  These are the factors, IMHO, that may make it more available than other cruises.

Ohhh.  That makes sense actually.  Thank you for that information.  There were a shiz ton of people already on the ship when we boarded!!