Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

Boarding opened at 10.45 and we were straight on

Thought we had made a mistake and boarded a Celebrity ship when we saw they were giving out free sparkling wine!

20190518_113118.jpg

• Like 4

We are on Indy on June 29th and cannot wait. We have been on before two years ago and loved it.

Would it be possible for someone to let me know who the Cruise Director is this year? 

Any your cruise everyone, look forward to your reviews

Kath

• Like 1

It looks like the cruise director is Jamie Fentiman. There was a bit of confusion before the cruise as apparently Jamie was taken ill on the TA and it was said he was leaving today but according to the info he is still on. I'll  let you know if it's any different.20190518_120144.thumb.jpg.56ece74144aab460c54f2984251bc21d.jpg

30 minutes ago, kernow said:

It looks like the cruise director is Jamie Fentiman. There was a bit of confusion before the cruise as apparently Jamie was taken ill on the TA and it was said he was leaving today but according to the info he is still on. I'll  let you know if it's any different.

Jamie will still be on board for a couple of days handing over to the new CD who is covering and will leave the ship in Hamburg. 

6 minutes ago, ukrccl_a said:

Jamie will still be on board for a couple of days handing over to the new CD who is covering and will leave the ship in Hamburg. 

Thank you. Will post about the new CD when we have seen them.

I think someone made a mistake with this one, it says to return by day 9 but we are only doing a 7 night cruise

Perhaps there is something they haven't told us😁

20190518_132525.jpg

Just been to Izumi and asked if we could use the D+ BOGO for the Hibachi and the answer is no, only Chops or Giovannis. She did offer 20% off tonight making it $36 but we declined.

I've just seen a flyer and the deluxe beverage package is $78  with a buy one get one half price offer.

2 hours ago, mrsroller180 said:

We are on Indy on June 29th and cannot wait. We have been on before two years ago and loved it.

Would it be possible for someone to let me know who the Cruise Director is this year? 

Any your cruise everyone, look forward to your reviews

Kath

We are on then as well.  We were last on Indy about 10 years ago

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Cabins opened at around 1.15.

Details of C&A amenities, there are 603 D and up on board.

20190518_132428.jpg

20190518_132448.jpg

Please let us know if they are using the VCR lounge as a DL overflow tonight.

Thanks 

Graham.

Good morning from somewhere in the very foggy North sea. Think we'll be staying inside today as it's chilly on deck.

To update from yesterday, VCL is open as an extension of the diamond lounge, we went up around 7 and it was busy but there were plenty of open seats. We even managed to get a window seat in the lounge itself.

Last night's dinner menu. I had the fishcake, salmon and trifle and all were good. Sorry I forgot pics.

20190518_142027.jpg

The cruise director is a young English guy called Mark Rous. We haven't seen him in person yet but watched the morning show and he seems pleasant.

We're off to the meet and mingle shortly, there were over 80 signed up so should be busy.

I assume someone was having trouble with the Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion on that first cruise compass.  82F would be 28C, but 12F would be darn cold.

Following along.  A couple of our friends did the TA, and stayed on for this cruise.  We are flying over in July to do the 14 day Italian Mediterranean Cruise.

3 hours ago, kernow said:

The cruise director is a young English guy called Mark Rous. We haven't seen him in person yet but watched the morning show and he seems pleasant.

We're off to the meet and mingle shortly, there were over 80 signed up so should be busy.

Was the DL full and did they use an overflow last night,?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I assume someone was having trouble with the Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion on that first cruise compass.  82F would be 28C, but 12F would be darn cold.

Yes we noticed that too, wished it was 28C!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Was the DL full and did they use an overflow last night,?

Thanks 

Yes, they had the door open and were using VCL, they were checking Seapasses at the entrance. We were able to get seats at 7pm.