Sirena Refurbishment - Dry Dock

neilrr

Hi Everyone:

We will be going on Sirena 7/5 and the ship will have its first cruise on 5/19 after Dry Dock - just checking for any updates up to this point.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I have not found anything recently.

Thank you.

Edited by neilrr

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

what update are you looking for ?

As long as they do not push back your cruise  all is good

LHT28 - Usually, there are some updates/news of how the refurbishment is coming along.  There has not been a peep. Would you not be curious if you had a cruise coming up on a ship in dry dock? 

Years ago, we were going on Holland Veendam and after they took it out of dry dock. They supposedly had a few odds and ends to finish during the shake down 1st cruise -- WELL -- the lower deck cabins end up being flooded and people were ankle deep in water...😳 This was 2 months before our cruise on the Veendam.  I guess that is why I am a bit curious as to how things are going...

24 minutes ago, neilrr said:

LHT28 - Usually, there are some updates/news of how the refurbishment is coming along.  There has not been a peep. Would you not be curious if you had a cruise coming up on a ship in dry dock? 

IME

it is  rare to see any updates  when the ship is in drydock

3 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Except on other lines..  🙂

They already did one -- so the issues should have been ironed out..

PaulMCO - Thank you - I agree  - I have always seen updates about refurbishments on other lines (at least a press release by the line). I am not sure what you are referring to "they did one." If you think they already did a shakedown cruise -- the first cruise after refurbishment is not until the 19th of May - this coming Sunday...

Just now, neilrr said:

PaulMCO - Thank you - I agree  - I have always seen updates about refurbishments on other lines (at least a press release by the line). I am not sure what you are referring to "they did one." If you think they already did a shakedown cruise -- the first cruise after refurbishment is not until the 19th of May - this coming Sunday...

Insignia has had the refit OceaniaNEXT and has been sailing since December.

Just now, neilrr said:

We are talking  about Sirena... 

I know -- but the changes they are making are identical to those on Sirena.  So the first could have issues but the second (Sirena) and third and fourth (Regatta and Nautica) should be easy.

2 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I know -- but the changes they are making are identical to those on Sirena.  So the first could have issues but the second (Sirena) and third and fourth (Regatta and Nautica) should be easy.

Some valid points -- but no two ships are exactly the same - there are always differences and nothing is ever easy...:classic_rolleyes: The basics should be the same.  We will hope for the best... Let's see how the first few sailing go and the feedback received... Fingers crossed...😁🍸 

Also of note is that refurbishments are being done in different shipyards, so there may be different craftsmen and layouts available.  This allows the ships to stay within their geographic zones rather than detour to one place. 

3 hours ago, CorgiNole said:

Also of note is that refurbishments are being done in different shipyards, so there may be different craftsmen and layouts available.  This allows the ships to stay within their geographic zones rather than detour to one place. 

Thank you. I totally agree with you...😊

How does Sirena  look after refurbishment?  Any problems?  We are on the next cruise,  Venice to Monte Carlo May 28th, this will be our 1st Oceania cruise and are so looking forward to it.