Teen & 9 year old activities available on Miracle to Alaska?

grak

Taking a 17 year old young man and a 9 year old girl on ?Miracle to Alaska. Can you tell me what activities might be available for them on sea days and in the evenings. Thanks.

its been several years since our 16 year old accompanied us on the Alaska cruise.  The kids clubs are open and he did go usually after dinner but I will tell you that since you are busy with excursions during the day - you all might be pretty tired in the evening.  To us the ship was quite quiet in the evenings. All the fresh cool air 🙂.   I know my post is very vague but this is what we experienced.

Been on two cruises to Alaska and there were few, if any teenagers or kids aboard.  A few infants.  Did not see anything specifically available to young people.  That being said...…….the entertainment for everyone is outside in Alaska, especially on sea days as in Glacier Bay, etc.  

I did an Alaskan cruise when I was 9. I remember going to the kids clubs during the day on sea days (except for the Glacier Bay day -- I spent that with my parents and grandparents on deck), but in the evenings I was actually pretty tired after a long day of shore excursions. 

We went on an Alaskan cruise 5 years ago. Our sons were 15 and 11 at the time. The activities in the teen club seemed pretty much like our other cruises. A decent size group but definitely smaller than other cruises. My older son actually got to be closer to the kids on that cruise than any other. Still keeps in touch with some. My younger son didn’t go to many of the club activities but that had more to do with his age at the time. It’s still maybe his favorite cruise because of the excursions. 

Thanks all. I’ve not traveled with youngers so really haven’t paid attention to what’s there for them. Agreed...they should be exhausted  by bedtime!  

My kids were 12 and 15 when we sailed Alaska in 2017. We sailed Sept 2-16, so there were very few children on board (long sailing during the traditional school year). Even so, there was no lack of activities for my kids to enjoy. They had both kid-specific activities with the kid clubs as well as general activities that my kids enjoy (trivia, dance parties, etc). And I definitely agree with previous posters who have noted that folks tend to wind down earlier on Alaska sailings.

14 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Been on two cruises to Alaska and there were few, if any teenagers or kids aboard.  A few infants.  Did not see anything specifically available to young people.  That being said...…….the entertainment for everyone is outside in Alaska, especially on sea days as in Glacier Bay, etc.  

And on our Alaska cruise, we had a group of about 50 teens!