Late night EZ Air arrivals

geoherb

Some of the flights I'm looking at booking through EZ Air for a possible cruise to Alaska arrive after midnight for a cruise that departs the next afternoon. I'm assuming I'd have to book my own hotel room if I wanted one, or do some people just hang out at the airport and wait until Princess starts running the shuttles?

Are you flying from Raleigh? I would think that getting a room so you can rest up and possibly clean up and have breakfast would be the thing to do. We flew into Anchorage from Ohio and spent two nights there. We were so tired upon arrival, we all didn't think to get cameras out when on the way to the hotel we stopped and saw a moose. The airport wasn't much to look at. WE had to stand for over an hour, for lack of seating to get our luggage as the delivery belt had broke before we arrived. It was quite a mess. 

Spend the extra and get a room. Try the moose  sausage and pancakes!

• Like 1

Where are you flying to? I would not try to hang out at the airport, and consider the airport might actually close at some point. Get a hotel room or select another flight. Depending on where you are take a taxi to the ship.

• Like 1

EZAIR is simply a booking system, not a hand holder.  It will display flights that meet the cruise line's criteria which is simply based on arriving early enough to make your ship.  If you make a "choice" to book a late night/early morning arrival without a cruise line hotel package, then it is all on you to decide how to deal with the situation.  I am going to assume that you are flying into Anchorage as I know they have some very late arriving flights (we are booked on one that gets in about 1:20am).  In our situation we booked a hotel room in a nearby hotel.  Waiting around an airport all night is not our style, although I guess some folks are OK with that kind of thing.  

Hank

• Like 1

Another option is to fly in a day early get your hotel room, sleep as long as you want and then the next morning take your time getting to the ship. Many people do this and your situation is one of the reasons.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses. I've been looking at cruises both from Anchorage (Whittier) and Vancouver. Flying in a day early sounds better. For one of the Vancouver departures, there was an option for a flight that arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon for the cruise leaving that day. I'm not comfortable cutting it that close.

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

Thanks for the responses. I've been looking at cruises both from Anchorage (Whittier) and Vancouver. Flying in a day early sounds better. For one of the Vancouver departures, there was an option for a flight that arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon for the cruise leaving that day. I'm not comfortable cutting it that close.

You are right - that is cutting it close.  We did it once and made it with Princess transfers but we were some of the last passengers boarding.  It sure made it a quick check-in and immigration though with no lines anywhere.  :classic_happy: