Featured Forum

8 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I think it’s new. It’s an announcement from Cruise Critic, obviously. I doubt it can be turned off. In a few days you won’t even notice it.  🙂

I kept noticing it. So I have blocked that page element with my ad blocker.

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

In the past it has been used for more important notices.

They should keep the banner to important notices. If they keep a banner at all times for “features”  then people are less likely to pay attention to it for important notices. Or even not pay attention for features. Breaking cruise news that was updated would make more sense.  

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They should keep the banner to important notices. If they keep a banner at all times for “features”  then people are less likely to pay attention to it for important notices. Or even not pay attention for features. Breaking cruise news that was updated would make more sense.  

I agree.

Earlier in the week there were two notices...the featured forum (in green) and then a note about the site being down during a specific time period (in red).

ETA: I think it's good that they're featuring other forums.  There are many complaints about people asking about stuff that is not related to a specific cruise line on the cruise line forum rather than using, say, the ports of call board.  One way to get people used to using the entire site is to point them to different sections that they may not know even exist.  Worth a try, anyway.

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 1