Can you take canned liquid from ports to cruise ?

abhisheks77

Hi,

For NCL Joy to Alaska.

I read that any canned water, soda, juice can’t be taken to cruise, in order to faster on boarding process.

Is it applicable to any ports also, which will come on the way ? Suppose, if I pick Pepsi can or water bottle at Skagway, do I need to throw it before getting into cruise, or during check-in ?

Is same applies to fruits also ? We are traveling with toddler, so we always keep some fruits during travel.

Thanks

My wife and I were forced to eat or ditch 2 mangoes before boarding the Jewel in Singapore.   Royal Caribbean was boarding people at the  same spot, watched their folks taking 6 packs of water and bottles of wine on to their cruise.

I always bring a bottle of water with me on my excursions and noticed that when I was getting back on the ship there was a large trash can filled with half empty soda and water bottles.  Since I bought and paid over $3.00 for my water I decided to keep it and see what happened.  My travel purse has a cutout for a water bottle on the side so I had it in there and it went through the x-ray machine with no one saying a word.  So for the rest of the ports I did the same thing and they never said a word.