Tipping or gifts for NCL group Rep

beanie315

Ok , i have a question for you fellow cruisers. Last month we booked 10 cabins on the Joy for next may 2nd. We have 9 balconies in a row and one 2 bedroom haven (I am in a balcony ). We booked directly thru NCL's group department and since we have booked just over a month ago I have had her make 3 changes. Once when the haven cabin went down $200 a person , then again when they went to take all free , ( saved a few of our balconies $400 due to extra person free and the haven $800 plus the added wifi and Excursion credit ). I called again last week when our balconies went down $150 per person and the Haven $200 pp. My question is , seeing how this woman has been great and very accommodating , do I tip her , send her a gift , Fill out one of those cards , Etc ? looking for suggestions.

3 hours ago, beanie315 said:

Ok , i have a question for you fellow cruisers. Last month we booked 10 cabins on the Joy for next may 2nd. We have 9 balconies in a row and one 2 bedroom haven (I am in a balcony ). We booked directly thru NCL's group department and since we have booked just over a month ago I have had her make 3 changes. Once when the haven cabin went down $200 a person , then again when they went to take all free , ( saved a few of our balconies $400 due to extra person free and the haven $800 plus the added wifi and Excursion credit ). I called again last week when our balconies went down $150 per person and the Haven $200 pp. My question is , seeing how this woman has been great and very accommodating , do I tip her , send her a gift , Fill out one of those cards , Etc ? looking for suggestions.

She is an employee of NCL and not sure how you would get gift to her.

I would think a very complementary letter to that department head describing how great she is and how she has made your group cruise a very memorable experience. 

• Like 1

So glad you got someone so nice. I love it when I have an especially nice person to work with. A couple of cruises ago, I had called for a decrease in price due to a sale they were having and it was before our final payment. I do watch prices on my cruises because Donald Trump is not my husband, and actually got told I could not call back for any further discounts. First time I've had this happen. I was kinda shocked I was told this. I am Platinum Plus & do sail strictly with NCL. I had called another time for a totally different cruise and different question, and before I could even ask my question (which was NOT even money related) the rep asked me if I was calling about a price comparison. I love NCL, but really wish they would not keep sub notes by our names. Gheeze!

22 hours ago, beanie315 said:

Guest Relations

7665  Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida    33126

3 hours ago, crystalaziza said:

So glad you got someone so nice. I love it when I have an especially nice person to work with. A couple of cruises ago, I had called for a decrease in price due to a sale they were having and it was before our final payment. I do watch prices on my cruises because Donald Trump is not my husband, and actually got told I could not call back for any further discounts. First time I've had this happen. I was kinda shocked I was told this. I am Platinum Plus & do sail strictly with NCL. I had called another time for a totally different cruise and different question, and before I could even ask my question (which was NOT even money related) the rep asked me if I was calling about a price comparison. I love NCL, but really wish they would not keep sub notes by our names. Gheeze!

That stinks! I have called my PCC twice when I have seen the price go down. She happily gave me the discounts and said it's good that I am keeping an eye on it. 

You could either send their manager an email detailing how helpful they have been and how much you appreciate them OR you could, if you really wanted to, send a gift to their work office and it will be given to them as soon as its received. You can always ask them the address if you really want to.

We are on the Joy, March 7, 2021 sailing for my husband's "retirement cruise" aka party lol.  I started out expecting to have about 9 or 10 cabins booked, we now have 41 cabins booked!!!  Our NCL rep. has been great and I will make sure her supervisor knows how helpful she has been, however, I think she is probably getting a pretty nice commission off of us, so I don't believe tipping will be necessary lol.