Refundable Deposit Pricing?

21 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

Even when entering information for a family of 3, I can do a mock booking in 3 minutes flat on the web site. I just timed it.

The OP was asking how to find a refundable fare, not how fast he could do a mock booking! If she is like me, she prefers not to enter personal information until she is ready to actually book for real. 

I have been pricing cruises on Royal and mock bookings I have done on their website only show the non-refundable prices. I just tried it out again and I end up at a page where I have to enter guest information to proceed. Nowhere did I see the option of choosing a refundable fare. 

mock booking.jpg

Edited by SantaFeFan

31 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

The OP was asking how to find a refundable fare, not how fast he could do a mock booking! If she is like me, she prefers not to enter personal information until she is ready to actually book for real. 

I have been pricing cruises on Royal and mock bookings I have done on their website only show the non-refundable prices. I just tried it out again and I end up at a page where I have to enter guest information to proceed. Nowhere did I see the option of choosing a refundable fare. 

mock booking.jpg

The OP asked how to get refundable prices without calling Royal. The answer to that question is to either use a travel agent or do a mock booking (including the step of putting in guest info, although you can put in fake info)

MightyMike's point about how long it takes to do a mock booking was in response to a comment that it takes too long. It is, in fact, faster to do a full mock booking with fake guest info than to call into Royal Caribbean and get a price from them

Edited by awestover89
Fixing a typo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

The OP asked how to get non-refundable prices without calling Royal. The answer to that question is to either use a travel agent or do a mock booking (including the step of putting in guest info, although you can put in fake info)

Better get your eyes checked! 😁

The title of the thread is Refundable Deposit Pricing?  The question the op asked is "Anyone know the best way to find out pricing with a refundable deposit without making a phone call to RCL".  This is NOT about non-refundable fares.

4 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Better get your eyes checked! 😁

The title of the thread is Refundable Deposit Pricing?  The question the op asked is "Anyone know the best way to find out pricing with a refundable deposit without making a phone call to RCL".  This is NOT about non-refundable fares.

I think you're missing something. All of the responses are answers to that question. The only way to get REFUNDABLE pricing without calling Royal Caribbean is to either:

a) Do a complete mock booking including putting in guest info (fake or real, doesn't matter)

b) Have a travel agent do it for you/use a travel agent website

MightyMike's post specifically said mock booking including guest info, as did my post. If you do that step you are given the option to view refundable prices. That is the only way to get the price of a refundable deposit without calling Royal Caribbean or going through a travel agent.

Edit: I see what you are referring to now. Regardless of my typo in the previous post, the question and all provided answers relate to refundable deposit pricing

Edited by awestover89

Thanks all for the information...I didn't think to add all the personal information and thought I'd be able to make a choice somewhere earlier in the process.  

I'll give it a try tonight and see what comes up.

4 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Thanks all for the information...I didn't think to add all the personal information and thought I'd be able to make a choice somewhere earlier in the process.  

I'll give it a try tonight and see what comes up.

You used to be able to; back at the step where they ask you if you want a guaranteed room or to pick your own room if I remember right.

No clue why/what they get out of hiding it until the end, but it's definitely more annoying now.

11 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

You used to be able to; back at the step where they ask you if you want a guaranteed room or to pick your own room if I remember right.

No clue why/what they get out of hiding it until the end, but it's definitely more annoying now.

Correct. You used to be able to see both the refundable and non-refundable prices before entering any personal information. If you knew which sailing and stateroom category you wanted, you could get to that step super fast. 

Now it takes about 3 minutes because you need to enter some (real or fake) names before it shows you the upcharge for a refundable fare. It is still much quicker than calling someone, but I definitely prefer the old way.

Edited by MightyMike

Just went through the process and got the information - the cruise I'm looking at is $259/room more for a refundable deposit, so just about $130pp.

Am I correct in assuming that with a refundable deposit, I can ask for and receive price adjustments if by chance the fare goes down? (Been a while since we sailed RCL).

3 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Just went through the process and got the information - the cruise I'm looking at is $259/room more for a refundable deposit, so just about $130pp.

Am I correct in assuming that with a refundable deposit, I can ask for and receive price adjustments if by chance the fare goes down? (Been a while since we sailed RCL).

Yes, you can still get price adjustments up until final payment date with both refundable and non-refundable rates. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1