Azamara pricing

Jimmycruiser

On 6/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, Cruise Junky said:

There are definitely a lot of determining factors when choosing a cruise line thats for sure. The ambience and the fit are paramount, no one wants to spend thousands and feel like a fish out of water.  So I completely agree, it’s not all about the size of the cabin, but when spending $1250 a day, I would be very disappointed to find out I had 143sq ft they are tiny. It’s a common complaint about the R class ships.

There are definitely different determining factors for everyone.  I mentioned earlier that we tried Seabourn last year.  It was a lovely ship and a great room... especially the bathroom and closet compared to a standard veranda room on any Rship.  If that was all that was important, we’d sail with them again.  However, for us personally, we didn’t care for their dining arrangements nor the general service aboard (except by our room steward).  The valve on our toilet broke and so the water continued to run ...overflowing unless we stood there continually flushing it down every 10 seconds.  It took 3 phone calls and 25 minutes before anyone came to fix it.  The plumber was nice and helpful but it shouldn’t take that long to respond to a flooding problem.  In the dining room, more than once we asked to be seated with a group and they put us at a table for 8 and then never seated anyone else at the table.  In contrast, we’ve only sailed once on Azamara but we love everything about it.  We especially loved Capt Carl who became part of our enjoyment on the trip.   I felt we knew half of the passengers on board by the time it was over...it was 18 days I think.  We are looking forward to our upcoming second cruise with Azamara.  If it’s anything like our previous trip, we’ll think it’s worth every penny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It does make a difference, here in the UK we don’t get the best price guarantee, so can generally only get a cheaper price by cancelling, losing our deposit and rebooking under the current terms. 

Can you use a N. American-based TA?

7 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Yes. But there are exchange rate risks and costs in doing so. However i am doing that for the two cruises I have booked for 2020

7 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Yes, I got quotes from a US TA for one cruise when there was a really good US promotion which wasn’t available in the UK. However I ended up not booking with them because by the time I’d finished thinking about it, the offer became available in the UK.

I do not understand Azamara pricing . For the same itinerary there is a difference of $5000 CND per person for a cruise scheduled in September 19 and April 20.  In addition, it seems that there are plenty of suites available for September sailing, so why would they sale it to a much higher price? Should I wait to book or look at a different cruise line?

Thank you for your input.