Express breakfast in MDR?

39august

On another thread an early "express breakfast" in the MDR was mentioned for early risers with a set menu. No orders taken, but included eggs, bacon. etc. Is this on every ship? We are relatively new X cruisers and don't remember seeing this in the daily. We are usually awake by 6 AM.  And full breakfast in the OVC isn't  until 7 AM, I believe.

It’s been available on all the Celebrity cruises we’ve made lately. In fact, there are set breakfast and lunch options that are quick also. You can also get room breakfast after 6am. 

Enjoy!

Den

I have seen Express Breakfast only on the Silhouette on my Baltics/Russia cruise, and only on the mornings we were in St. Petersburg. It's designed to help people eat before getting off the ship early and (presumably) having a long day ashore.

We always have breakfast in the MDR because there is less commotion than in the Ocean View Cafe at that hour. On the mornings we have an excursion we order the Express Breakfast.  I believe it is available on all Celebrity Ships; at least the ones we have been on. 

We‘ve seen this on most our X cruises. It’s usually offered from half an hour before the main breakfast service in the MDR starts (so eg. from 6:30 on if breakfast starts at 7)

its really quick and efficient. You let the host know you want to do express breakfast and they will notify the waiters. We did it once before an early excursion, within a minute from sitting down, several waiters descended upon us with plates, juice, coffee, toast, etc. The breakfast contains scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and maybe a  grilled tomatoe (not sure about that one).

Its a great option to have a quick hearty breakfast before an early excursion.

51 minutes ago, 39august said:

On another thread an early "express breakfast" in the MDR was mentioned for early risers with a set menu. No orders taken, but included eggs, bacon. etc. Is this on every ship? We are relatively new X cruisers and don't remember seeing this in the daily. We are usually awake by 6 AM.  And full breakfast in the OVC isn't  until 7 AM, I believe.

Breakfast was served at either 7:30 am or 8 am in the MDR on Equinox.  There was an Early Risers Continental Breakfast in the Oceanview at 6:30 am.  No express breakfasts on our cruise.