First time on Allure..any tips??

59 minutes ago, goneclear said:

Try the Trellis Bar in central park for an evening cocktail. There is usually some live solo musician playing near by and sounds lovely through out the Central Park.

I am so looking forward to that.   I am on deck 8 with my ten year old granddaughter and when she sleeps I  may pop out for a while,  aaaahhh bliss.  Yes, I asked asked her mother, for those that want to criticize,  and she had no issue with that whatsoever and she was glad I asked🤨.

That's why I wanted to be on deck 8 Central Park😁

We are on the Allure the end of August and haven't sailed with RC in many years. We are in a balcony and are traveling with a couple in a Suite. We both have ATD and I didn't know we have to make dinner reservations. We're accustomed to Carnival and are Platinum with them. Do we need to have the other couple, whom we are linked with, make the reservations?

We'll just have to book reservations for shows separately because they apparently get priority seating as a perk (also not a perk on Carnival). I'm very much looking forward to the cruise, but things look they are done very differently than on Carnival. It appears like everything has to be reserved in advance.

2 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

We are on the Allure the end of August and haven't sailed with RC in many years. We are in a balcony and are traveling with a couple in a Suite. We both have ATD and I didn't know we have to make dinner reservations. We're accustomed to Carnival and are Platinum with them. Do we need to have the other couple, whom we are linked with, make the reservations?

We'll just have to book reservations for shows separately because they apparently get priority seating as a perk (also not a perk on Carnival). I'm very much looking forward to the cruise, but things look they are done very differently than on Carnival. It appears like everything has to be reserved in advance.

You don't have to make reservations for dinner. You can go when you want. If it is busy you may have to wait just like a restaurant on land. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean-lynd said:

You don't have to make reservations for dinner. You can go when you want. If it is busy you may have to wait just like a restaurant on land. I hope this helps!

Thanks. Is it difficult to get reservations to shows or dining venues if we wait till we're on the ship?

7 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

Thanks. Is it difficult to get reservations to shows or dining venues if we wait till we're on the ship?

Not if you are flexible and make reservations as soon as you board.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not if you are flexible and make reservations as soon as you board.

Thanks. I consider myself very cruise savvy, but switching lines makes me feel like a newby. Especially on a ship this large with so many passengers and new to me procedures.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, ZAPZAP said:

We are trying to book the July 28th cruise (we have 2 boys of 10) and are split between having a room for all like we used to do in other cruises and having 2 separate rooms (each parent can take one kid). We are finding that having 2 rooms works out actually being cheaper than one room. Does it make sense or are we missing something ?

Not at all unusual to have it be cheaper to get two rooms instead of four in a room.  Enjoy that extra space!

1 hour ago, auburn77 said:

If you link your bookings together, you can make the same reservations for everyone at the same time (you need their booking number and last name to link, or your travel agent can do it for you).

With My Time Dining, you can either make reservations or just show up whenever.  There will be a small sign in the center of the dining room entrance showing which line is for those with reservations and which line is for those without reservations.

With the shows, your friends don't have to sit in the Suite Priority Area if they don't want to.  Arrive at a show about 20 minutes before it starts (as long as you all have reservations for that show time) and pick seats together.   If you want to see a show but don't have reservations, you can stand in the "standby line" and they will open the venue to everyone about 5-10 minutes before the show starts. 

3 hours ago, auburn77 said:

I don't know since we made all of our reservations ahead of time. I can say that some ofthe shows weren't full. The comedy shows are in a small venue and fill up fast. The aqua show was also standing room only. If you think you would like to do those I would make reservations as soon as they become available. Making reservations is very easy in the cruise planner. I hope this helps!

We were on Allure in March - beautiful ship with so much to do. You’ll love it!! We’re booked for Allure’s sister ship, Oasis, three weeks today and can’t wait!

Our favourite place was Central Park - we would have breakfast at the Park Cafe most mornings. Having real coffee and freshly made bagels sitting in the park listening to the birdsong (ok it’s piped but still cool!) was the perfect start to the day. The Trellis bar there is also really good and the Rising Tide is a great bit of fun as you rise up and down from the Prom.

We had the 3 night dining package and used it on our last night for 150 Central Park for our anniversary and it was worth every penny!! We also did Chops Grill and Sabor. Looking back using the package for Sabor was a waste as the average cost of the 3 night package is higher than the extra cost of Sabor, but the food was superb and the waiters such great fun! The guac was to die for!!

Have fun- you’ll enjoy every minute!!

Edited by dunkeldjack

On 5/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hi-Husband and I are on the Allure in October. This will be our first time on Oasis class ships. We are on deck ten in a boardwalk balcony with great view of the AQ. Any tips, recommendations etc? We will have my time dining so wondering if there is an assigned dining room for MTD people? 

Does the solarium get very crowded?  What is your favorite drinking venue?

Thanks!

You mention that your cabin has a 'great view of the AquaTheater', and we had that when we sailed on Harmony.  If so, don't worry about getting seats in the AquaTheater, watch the show from your balcony --- glass of wine in hand.  Watch the rehearsals from your balcony....so cool to do.  We did!

On 5/28/2019 at 11:44 PM, motheroftwocats814 said:

Yes! My husband is a beer snob!

If he's a beer snob he might be a bit disappointed in the selection.  We just got off of Allure today and didn't really find their beer selection to be that great.  Nothing that we couldn't get at the local grocery store.  But, there are beers here that you can't get anywhere else on the ship.